Friday, June 6, 2014

YEE: Yelp's First Take

On June 4th, Vinh & I had the pleasure of going to another Yelp Elite event: Yelp's First Take! The event was a "soft opening" for Take One Pizza :)

Vinh & I inside Take One Pizza

We arrived early so that we could get as much as we could to munch on for dinner. Take One Pizza closed their doors to the public at 6PM so that us Yelpers could partake in a private soft opening. The interior was decorated with movie posters & everything movie themed, pretty neat. All the food & drinks were complimentary: pizzas, salads, soda, alcoholic beverages & soft serve :)

Outside

We are special :)

Getting the party started inside

Hawaiian, Chicago Setting & cheesy

Chicago setting & chicken #1

Chicken with pesto

Chocolate & vanilla soft serve in a cone :)

We had the pleasure of having the owner welcome & thank us for coming to the soft opening. He was so nice & so were the rest of his staff. We definitely tipped them well for all that they provided for us during the event.

Owner thanking us for coming

Also, I got another piece of awesome Yelp swag to add to my collection: a Yelp Elite watch! I am so stocked that I got this, haha. I'm such a dork, but I wanna rep this bad boy out later :)

Yelp Elite watch

Back of the watch package :P

Here are two photos taken by Adam, but you can see plenty more here :)

Yummy pizza!

I must've poked fun at Vinh for something :P

Thanks to Abby for setting up the event, Kevin & Leslie for manning the check in booth & to Take One Pizza for allowing us to experience your soft opening! :)

Want to know more about Yelp Elite & Yelp community events? Just ask & I'll gladly answer, just be sure to leave your contact info!

32 comments:

  1. That pizza looks delicious and who doesn't love a goof vanilla/chocolate soft served swirl? YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always get to go to the best events! And that pizza looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Get out while I can, right? The pizza was so good!

      Delete
  3. Yummy pizza,Looks like you had a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have fun, thank you!

      Delete
  4. That pizza looks yummy and what a great time you had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pizza was definitely yummy :)

      Delete
  5. That's pretty cool they closed early to make it a private event! The inside reminds me of a movie theater. Very fun and very cool elite watch ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a neat pizza place! I love my elite watch :P

      Delete
  6. Now this is my kind of even and my kind of food. The pizza looks delicious as does the ice cream. Loved your new watch too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pizza & ice cream, the perfect combo for a nice summer evening!

      Delete
  7. Looks like another terrific Yelp event! The pizza looks great, and I love that they have ice-cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the perfect combo, right? :)

      Delete
  8. You're the most hardcore Yelper I've ever seen. The pizza looks delicious and the swag was neat too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha there are people in my Yelp community that are even more hardcore! :P

      Delete
  9. The pizza looks delicious. I love pizza, especially Hawaiian. Looks like you have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hawaiian pizza is my fave!

      Delete
  10. I like to try new pizza places when they open. This looks pretty tasty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely tasty pizza!

      Delete
  11. I am so jealous, what a great event. I am in the Elite group on Yelp but we are in a rural area and events are nonexistent! I love the Yelp swag and would be excited over it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's a bummer! Whereabouts are you? Add me on Yelp (swtiine.yelp.com)? :P

      Delete
  12. That looks like so much fun! The pizza looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun yet chill event :)

      Delete
  13. That chicken with pesto looks absolutely delicious. Now I want pizza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely yummy, my third fave!

      Delete
  14. Neat experience! Sounds like it was lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun!

      Delete
  15. Wow, those are yummy looking pizza! Hope they will have one here in our place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *crosses fingers* :)

      Delete
  16. Pizza and ice cream! My family would be totally sold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was definitely sold & I didn't even know there would be ice cream there!

      Delete