Thursday, July 24, 2014

AIDS Walk SF 2014

On July 20th, Vinh & I brought my little sister Lonnie to participate in AIDS Walk in San Francisco. We got there early, but actually got parking within Golden Gate Park & not too far away from the event location :)

Vinh, myself & Lonnie in front of the Zico car with popsicles in hand

We made sure to take a potty break prior to the walk beginning. After, we went around the event area listening to speeches & singers as well as stocking up on some refreshments. We later met up with Stephen & Derrick before the walk began.

Rainbow stairs

Vinh on the rope play structure

Lonnie & I on the rope play structure

AIDS Walk stage

Probably took us about 15 minutes to cross the start line & about 2 hours to finish our 10K (6.2 miles) walk through Golden Gate Park. There were 3 stations along the course offering up drinks & snacks. We all brought a backpack with us so we stuffed our bags with Zico coconut water & various snacks to take home with us later.

Let the walk begin!

Look at his faker smile, haha

Lonnie & I in front of the Zico car

Lonnie & I made it onto the ABC7 jumbotron!

I'm in black & my sis is in red :)

Finish line!

After finishing the walk, we dropped off Stephen & Derrick at their car & then we headed to the Presidio to eat at Off The Grid! I had tacos for lunch & then finished it off with a vanilla creme brulee, yum!

Fish & carnita tacos

Sangria while waiting for creme brulee

Vanilla creme brulee

Below you can see how much goodies we looted from the walk! Thanks to all the awesome sponsors for providing drinks & snacks to 20,000+ people! :)

Drinks

Snacks

Do you have an AIDS walk in your area? Would you ever participate in something like this? :)

39 comments:

  1. I am not sure if there is an AIDS walk in Boston, but there probably is. I would participate because finding a cure is a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding a cure is so important! It's great for exercises as well :)

      Delete
  2. I have not seen a walk like this where I am but if there was I would take part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great walk for a great cause :)

      Delete
  3. I love that y'all are so active and active for a good cause! I've not ever done a walk but should!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These types of walks are so fun! I'd definitely encourage you to give it a try :)

      Delete
  4. Love the rainbow stairs, they're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? So unique!

      Delete
  5. I am not sure if there is an AIDS walk where I live but I think the idea is fantastic. Looks like you guys had a great time and yum to Creme Brulee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a tiring yet fun time for a great cause!

      Delete
  6. We do not have any for AIDS in our area, I would definitely go if we did. This looks like it had so much to offer anyone that showed up, much better than most of the race/walk events I attend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plenty for all ages, it was a great community to be in!

      Delete
  7. What a great walk! It looks like you had a fantastic time and I really like the idea of doing walks rather than runs - I might be able to do a bit of a walk :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walks are definitely more doable than runs, I agree!

      Delete
  8. Looks like an amazing day! And, what a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a beautiful day, especially towards the end when the sun started coming out :)

      Delete
  9. What a great walk! And long! I don't know if I could do it! We don't have one here but it looks like a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was long, but definitely worth it for the cause :)

      Delete
  10. What a great thing for you to do. And it looks like you had fun doing it! Amber N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely one of the funner walks I've done :)

      Delete
  11. I am sure that we have an AIDS walk in Atlanta. However I have never been. My mother has MS and we do the walk for her ever year. I love when sponsors donate to the cause!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sponsors, gives me even more reason to push through with the walk!

      Delete
  12. Looks like you had a lot of fun at the walk. I've never heard of one being done here in CO but I remember going to one in NY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think these types of walks should be available in ever state :)

      Delete
  13. I also don't think we have an AIDs walk around here, but I've done many others and they are always great.

    And those stairs are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These walks are a lot of fun & for great causes :)

      Delete
  14. Looks like you all had a great time. Those fish tacos look so good that is making me hungry and its like 1am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were definitely some delish tacos :P

      Delete
  15. I love getting free things for doing something good. lol I dont think we have one here though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha we got hella free stuff, but it felt even better to walk for the cause :P

      Delete
  16. The Chef's Wife | Anne @TheSatEvePot12:49 PM

    I have no idea if we have one in our area... looks like it was a great success. Faker smile ... haha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did have a faker smile, haha!

      Delete
  17. What an awesome event to attend. I was just in Sanfransisco about 5 months ago but I definitely need to go again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. San Francisco is a pain in the butt during traffic hours. Great for tourism though :P

      Delete
  18. I have participated in other walks. I don't think we got loot so to speak but maybe a yogurt at the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yogurt at the end is great, too! Loot is just a bonus compared to the cause itself :)

      Delete
  19. Annie and Lonnie are famous jumbotroners now! +the coconut water and crème brulee looks delish Great event to attend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot jumbotron, baby! :D

      Delete
  20. What a great event you two participated in, including bringing your sister :)

    ReplyDelete