Monday, July 7, 2014

Shaved Snow Dessert

It's summertime & everyone has their favorite dessert to keep them cool. What's one of my new favorites this year? Shaved snow from Sno-Zen Shaved Snow & Desserts! They just opened up their third location & since it's so much closer to me, I can partake in my favorite frozen treat more often :)

Reppin' my 49ers at the grand opening

You're probably wondering just what is shaved snow? If you can imagine shaved ice & ice cream having a baby, it's kind of like that. It's a Taiwanese dessert called xue hua bing, roughly translated as "smooth snow ice." Flavors are mixed into a base of milk & water & then frozen into cylindrical blocks. The blocks are then placed into an ice shaver, which shaves it into thin ribbons that literally melt in your mouth! You can then pair it with drizzles & other toppings of your choice suck as jelly, fruit, etc.

Strawberry snow with pound cake, strawberries, lychee jelly, bursting boba

Here's a video I found on YouTube to show you how the snow is shaved & presented into what you see in my photos :)


Avocado shaved snow with condensed milk drizzle

Thai iced tea snow with condensed milk drizzle

Vietnamese coffee with black sesame condensed milk drizzle

One of my favorites is the peanut butter snow with sliced bananas, yum!

Peanut butter snow with sliced bananas

Yummy!

Have you ever heard of shaved snow? If so, do you like it? If you haven't tried it, are you willing to try? It's surely a sweet treat you don't wanna miss this summertime :)

50 comments:

  1. Nope, I have never heard of it, but I would LOVE to try it! How cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so yummy & becoming a craze/fad here :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, that looks very interesting. Never have heard of it until now! Amber N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quickly becoming a craze! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my.. I will admit IMO it does not look tasty but I bet that the look is deceiving .. I would def give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did look weird the first time, but now it's associated with deliciousness :P

      Delete
  4. This looks absolutely amazing! That avocado one especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Avocado is so good, but a limited flavor! I haven't seen it in a while :/

      Delete
  5. I have never had shaved snow - I don't know where we would get that here! But it looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's becoming a craze so be on the lookout in the future? :)

      Delete
  6. Oh Wow that looks amazing,Must of been so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never tried shaved snow..but I know I would like it. I bet it could be made with almond milk and agave so I could eat it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you can make it that way as long as it can be frozen & shaved down ;)

      Delete
  8. Wow - that looks really delicious ! I would love to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is! Try looking in your area :)

      Delete
  9. I wish they had one here, this is a treat I would enjoy. That is definitely the perfect way to cool off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Who knows, maybe it'll start popping up everywhere :)

      Delete
  10. This looks like a really delicious dessert! Perfect for the hot summer days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect as it is light & not too filling :)

      Delete
  11. I have never heard of that before. My gosh, it all looks so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a new craze in our area :)

      Delete
  12. so incredible looking food! i love this, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my world! I've been wanting to try shaved snow since I first saw it in a Korean drama lol Looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I highly recommend finding one & trying it out ;)

      Delete
  14. Looks like a mop. Lol. It looks like a really delicious mop though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I haven't heard mop before! But it is a delicious "mop" lol :P

      Delete
  15. I haven't heard of this before but I am definitely curious to try it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good! :)

      Delete
  16. That is the wildest looking stuff, but it sounds amazing. I would totally try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think of fluffy ice cream :D

      Delete
  17. I haven't heard of it but I would certainly be willing to try. I think it sounds and looks delicious and would add the right touch to a lot of desserts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! It can be served with fruit & other little desserts :)

      Delete
  18. This looks like a delicious dessert. I love the texture of it and its presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is seriously cool - and what unique flavors! I'd vote for peanut butter and banana on my rookie try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peanut butter & bananas is one of my favorite combos!

      Delete
  20. I've never heard of such a thing. How wonderfully cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so cool & yummy!

      Delete
  21. Oh my goodness that looks so delicious - I've not heard of a desert quite like it before but now I want some! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those looks so yummy! Great video. Not sure if I could do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha not my video, but I think it's all in the hand motion :P

      Delete
  23. Oh this looks so good. Would love to try this. Wish we had one of these in our area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It maybe be coming your way! It's a craze in our area currently :)

      Delete
  24. Oh peanut butter snow cake with banana spunds nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really yummy & one of my favorite combos :)

      Delete
  25. I always wondered how it was created!! Thanks for showing the vid! I seriously cannot wait to try this next time I'm there and I miss the bursting boba! I got it at the yogurt place we met Steve and Derrick at! soo good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come visit soon, haha! So many good places left for you to try ;)

      Delete