Friday, July 18, 2014

YEE: Yelp South Bay's Tee Party

On the evening of July 16th, I had to pleasure of taking my bestie out for the evening at Cinnabar Hills Golf Club for Yelp's Tee Party elite event! This was the last event put on by our South Bay community manager of 3.5 years, Abby S. We got there really early since my place was only about a 15 minute local drive away, sweet!

Sonya & I with the Snake Bite crew

The theme was golf attire so Sonya & I wore matching polos & wore our summer whites. Too bad not many Yelpers decided to dress up with the theme, boo! I shall warn you all now, lots of food photos below this so if you're hungry, I suggest you grab a snack now. You have been warned ;)

Gorgeous golf course

Beautifully done floral arrangement & Yelp swag

Passionfruit dessert

Dark chocolate mousse with marshmellow & nuts

Doughnut holes

Fruits with marnier mousse

Cinnabar Hills had their own chef cook us up some absolutely delish mini bites that included: sliders, ahi tuna tacos, cherry tomato bruschetta, mushroom bruschetta, chicken wings, potato balls, roast beef, cheese & fruit platters, passionfruit mousse, dark chocolate mousse with marshmellow & nuts, doughnut holes, & fruits with marnier mousse!

We also had some lovely sponsors that came with more desserts & libations. My favorite summer libation had to be Snake Bite's apple cider & lager mix! Me thinks I need to make a trip to Menlo Park to buy me a pack of Snake Bite, yum! Another bite worth mentioning is the "day at the ballpark" brittle by Sweet Dragon, perfect pairing it with many of the beer sponsors.

Some small entrees by Cinnabar

Fruits & cheese platter

Slider, bruschetta, tomato gazpacho & ahi tuna taco

Snake Bite: apple cider & lager

Chicken wings

Potato balls

Chicken wing, potato ball, bruschetta with mushrooms & roast beef

Cava & roscato

We joined Katherine N & Kenny P in the fun

Roast beef

Blue cheese with blackberry, apple & candied nuts

Watermelon salad with goat cheese on top

Orange wheat beer

Sweet Dragon brittle

Chocolate & almond cookies

Lemon bar, snickerdoodle cookie & marble cake

Red velvet, snickerdoodle cookies & raspberry bars

Manager of Cinnabar

This event was the last one for Abby as our South Bay community manager, but we also welcomed our new one, Candice! Although I'll miss Abby's shindigs, she's only a little farther north in San Francisco as their new community manager. I cannot wait to see what Candice brings to the South Bay community! :)

Abby S, our ex-community manager for South Bay

Weird ball toss game (ladder ball!)

More of the golf course

Candice G, our new South Bay community manager

I ended up meeting quite a few people from my Yelp friend list finally as well as running into old ones & meeting brand new ones! :)

Empty dance floor

Floral arrangement all lit up

Our photobooth strip :)

Here are some photos from the photographers from the event:

Photobooth with Katherine & Kenny

Sonya & I headed to get more peanut brittle!

Sonya & I got "married" ;)

Thank you Abby for planning an amazing event as your last duty to your South Bay crew! Also thanks to Cinnabar Hills & the rest of the sponsors for the food, drinks & a great summer evening!

Want to know more about Yelp Elite & Yelp community events? Just ask & I'll gladly answer, just be sure to leave your contact info!

38 comments:

  1. Holy goodies, Batman! Look at all that great food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I was stuffed that evening & definitely didn't need dinner afterwards lol :P

      Delete
  2. The Snake Bit Apple Cider Lager caught my eye. On a hot summer day, My Hubs would love to try it. Bet he would even like to try it in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Snake Bite is soooo good! It isn't in the San Jose area so I drove north to the closest Bevmo to buy it :P

      Delete
  3. Wow all that food I know you warned us but now I must raid my fridge lol.Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha fair warning! I'm such a foodie :)

      Delete
  4. You get to go to the coolest events with Yelp! Love it! And that food looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yelp is quite amazing with events! So fun :)

      Delete
  5. truly a great event! I was stuck on your passion fruit dessert for a while. too bad intenert doesn't offer tastings yet lol
    glad you had a good time, so it seems

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the internet should evolve to do instant tastings! The passion fruit dessert was so good!

      Delete
  6. What an amazing shindig - I love going to events!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Events are fun, Yelp events are more so!

      Delete
  7. I would love to attend a Yelp party or event of any sorts especially if food was involved and free swag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always free (or for a small donation fee) food & swag at Yelp events! Definitely look up your area Amanda :)

      Delete
  8. What awesome swag, I loved the photo booth pics super cute. I must say food wise you were one lucky lady. Thanks for sharing kind of wish I was there to enjoy it all looked like a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a great summer evening! Photobooths are always fun :)

      Delete
  9. That all looks amazing. I love the Snake Bite! I wish they had more events near where I live so I could attend some - I am jealous of all of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully Yelp becomes more involved in your area! I would think if you are elite, there'd be a few throughout the year :)

      Delete
  10. Looks amazing! It is nice to get out and enjoy great eats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely...especially the good eats ;)

      Delete
  11. Oh my gosh! What an amazing spread. You certainly get to go to the best parties around. How do you stay so thin with all that food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all the food will catch up with me as I age, haha! :P

      Delete
  12. Oh that food looks amazing. Seems like you have a great time at these events but you need to stop tempting us with that food. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I love taking photos of food! Too bad I can't share the taste via photos :P

      Delete
  13. That looks like a fun event and so many treats. I'm craving those almond cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely one of the best almond cookies I've had :)

      Delete
  14. I love that you guys got into with what you wore. You have spirit! I would have been stuffed after I left there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had to google golf attire, but it was fun! I was definitely stuffed afterwards :P

      Delete
  15. Everything looks amazing! I don't know if I would have been able to contain myself from taking a bite of everything:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a bite of everything so you wouldn't have been alone in that department!

      Delete
  16. Sounds like you had a great time. That food looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness ... what fun!! And the food .... so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of fun at Yelp events :)

      Delete
  18. Those koozies are cute. We have ladder ball and it's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what that game is called! I didn't know what it was :P

      Delete
  19. the food the food the food *drool* I've never seen a more delish looking spread! oh my gosh! You would have had to drag me away from the tables. Adorable photo of you and Sonya! and such a beautiful view from their location! props for wearing the appropriate golf attire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I was stuffed when I left the party, so much good food *drool* We were married golfers ;)

      Delete