Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Yelp10: Gold Soiree at Yelp HQ

Our third event for Yelp's 10-year anniversary was the Gold Soiree at Yelp Headquarters! How can I even describe how over the top cool it was to be able to attend this event?! Ahhh!!! I would say this would be every Yelper's dream to do a pilgrimage here. I felt so honored to be able to get a sneak peek of where all the Yelpy magic happens. Kudos to Aileen B & Linda W for allowing Vinh & I to be your +1s to the soiree! :DD

Vinh, Jeremy S (CEO of Yelp) & myself :D

We had to wait outside the beautiful PAC building, then ushered in groups of 8-10 into the lobby where we awaited programmed elevators to take us to the 8th floor. Our group was mostly quiet on the way up to the 8th floor, most likely because we were all geeking out on the inside, haha! Once the doors opened, a Yelp staff welcomed us & we all joined the festivities!

Vinh, myself, Aileen B & Linda W outside 140 New Montgomery

Gorgeous PAC building

The details *faints*

Elevator goes up!

I headed to the right towards the hair & makeup department since I did not of it myself. Vinh was so patient while I got made up, haha. Then we headed to the Snap Yourself photobooth to snap away our cheesy smiles.

Makeup done!

There was an abundance of food & drinks to partake in that I couldn't finish in the 3 hours given. Some that stood out to me included: the friend chicken from Old Skool Cafe; butter, sugar & lemon crepes from Brittany Crepes & Galletes; Stella Rosa's two wonderful wines; samosas from Indian Bento; and crispy ahi tuna tacos from Fog Harbor Fish House. My favorite item had to be the Irish car bomb boba sundae from Frozen Kuhsterd! Who wouldn't love custard with Jameson laced boba *drool*

Hey, Cookie!

Delish chocolates galore!

Fried chicken & mac&cheese from Old Skool Cafe

Chicken curry with rice

Crepe master making a butter, sugar & lemon crepe *drool*

Look at all the bustle & LCD screens

Signature drinks for the party: Martinez, Laughing Buddha & Pisco Punch

Signature drinks menu

Guess who else was at the soiree?! JEREMY S, THE CEO OF YELP! He hung out in the photobooth for 30 minutes so we definitely made our way there to meet the man himself. Now I can say I have met THE Jeremy S & got my photo with him: Yelpy check!

Waiting to photobooth with Jeremy S!

Gansta with the Yelp CEO

Dunno who these staffers are, but I love their photos, haha!

Prettiest cake pops ever!

Delish ahi tacos *drool*

Stella Rosa was rockin' the events this weekend!

The PR Yelp staff gave mini HQ tours every 15 minutes or so. They took us up to the 9th floor into the main Yelp lobby with the glorious Yelp sign & swag a'plenty. We were also given a glimpse into the work rooms, which looked like big LAN parties per the hubs. They have a LCD monitor in the lobby where you can choose a location & it'll show reviews being posted in real time. Pretty cool!

Yelp HQ lobby, so comfy

The Yelp sign

Yelp swag a'plenty!

Special edition fanny packs!

Can you spot your CM's mark? :P

Reviews being posted in real time, so cool!

I had to take my photo with the sign!

Yelp work area

Reppin' Yelp

Old cash register that was bought when Yelp was first started

Even their wallpaper has their logo on it lol

Yelp in neon lights

Mango lassi drinks from Indian Bento

Samosas from Indian Bento

Irish car bomb boba sundae from Frozen Kuhsterd

VITA water that's BPA free

Madria sangria's moscato was yum!

Chilled gazpacho

Overall, I think this will probably be THE most memorable Yelp event ever. I mean, it's at Yelp HQ on it's 10th anniversary & we got to party with the CEO! Check here for other reviews & photos from the soiree. Check here for photos from the paparazzi! Happy 10th burst-day Yelp & to many more!

Here are the rest of the photobooth photos. Enjoy :P

Vinh's driving this boat

LOL Vinh let the wheel go!

We'll sail through this life together!

Us with the Phoenix elites & Jeremy S!

Thank you to all the Yelp staff & sponsors for making it such an unforgettable evening! :)

Want to know more about Yelp Elite & Yelp community events? Just ask & I'll gladly answer, just be sure to leave your contact info!

56 comments:

  1. Super cute photobooth pics!!! You looked so pretty A! Love your dress ;)
    The building outside and inside looks so beautiful! And all the food! So jealous :P The Irish Car bomb with pearls I so want to try! Congrats on attending such a cool event!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankies for buying me said pretty dress ;) The Irish Car Bomb was...well, BOMB!

      Delete
  2. Wow, that was one heck of an event! Look at all that amazing food!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the ultimate Yelp event! What can be better than it being at HQ?!

      Delete
  3. Wow, that is a gorgeous building (inside and out!) Looks like you had fun at this event. Love all the images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite Yelp event to date! Can't see it being beat :P

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous event! The building itself was stunning and then all the great activities and food- WOW! You looked lovely by the way and seemed to be having such a great time too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was the best Yelp event I've ever been to & very blessed to have been able to attend thanks to awesome Yelpers :)

      Delete
  5. what a fab event you look to be having so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was having an absolute blast :P

      Delete
  6. Super cute. What a fun event, and very gold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Golden 10! Super fun event for sure!

      Delete
  7. Those pictures are drool worthy. I admit I have never paid much attention to Yelp. I had no idea it has been around for ten years. I am kind of stunned. That food. Holy smokes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yelp is bigger & I hope it keeps getting bigger! I wanna see what their 20-year anniversary looks like :P

      Delete
  8. wow it looks like you had a blast. I don't blame you for waiting to get your makeup done it is a treat when someone else does it for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a treat! I felt all glam for the party :P

      Delete
  9. That is such a snazzy building. And it looks like you had an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The building was so impressive. We were all in awe!

      Delete
  10. Looks like a great event, from all the photos it seems you had a ton of fun there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an absolute blast! Can't expect anything less from Yelp HQ!

      Delete
  11. What an amazing event! Looks like it was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the best Yelp event ever!

      Delete
  12. What a swanky event they put on! The photo booth pics are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swanky is a great term to describe this event! Thanks :D

      Delete
  13. I can't believe how all out they went for this event. They styled your hair so beautifully and your dress was gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This was the best Yelp event ever :P

      Delete
  14. Wow, what an event! They went ALL out and put on quite the event! You looked fantastic and like you had a great time, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was the best Yelp event I've ever attended to date :)

      Delete
  15. That looks like an amazing time! Love a good party :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Yelp party is always a good party :P

      Delete
  16. You look fantastic. This certainly looks like it was an amazing shindig. The architecture of the venue was beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was an impressive shindig for sure :)

      Delete
  17. Looks like a great time. The photos are fun. Amber N

    ReplyDelete
  18. The place that you all went to looks awesome. It looks like a really great event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best Yelp event ever! So amazingly fun :)

      Delete
  19. Those Yelp events seem like so much fun. I would love to attend one eventually one day. Seems like you all had a great time too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep a lookout in your local area for one! Usually any big city should have a Yelp community :)

      Delete
  20. That looks like such a great opportunity. Yelp is really a great site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yelp is my favorite place to find great businesses :)

      Delete
  21. It looks like you had an absolutely fantastic time at the Yelp event! So much amazingness in one place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the best time at any Yelp event! So cool! :D

      Delete
  22. What an amazing event - I love old cash machine, how cool they have kept it so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cash register was pretty cool :D

      Delete
  23. Look at all that food you got to indulge in! What an awesome event! The photo booth looks like it was really fun too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much food, photobooth fun & amazingness all around :P

      Delete
  24. It looks like a lot of care went into preparing the event. I love the dress you wore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my bestie got the dress for me! Amazingly well planned event :)

      Delete
  25. What an awesome event, it looked like it was a great event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely the best Yelp event!

      Delete
  26. You go to the best events! Looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am blessed to get into this one! :)

      Delete
  27. I attended an event recently at a baseball field here in New York City and Yelp handed out goodies to the visitors. When I mentioned that I had two little girls they gave me extra treats for my children. I thought that was so sweet. I would love to learn more about Yelp community events. Feel free to email me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yelp is so amazing! You can look up community events (aka community manager Yelp events aka CMYE) in the events link on your Yelp homepage. There is also Yelp Elite events if you are a part of the Yelp Elite squad (via nominations). Both are super fun events :)

      Delete
  28. Looks like you had a great time. I loved the pictures of the cookies, you could never have enough of cookies. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cookies FTW! It was definitely a great time :)

      Delete