Thursday, August 7, 2014

Yelp10: Hornblower Sunset Cruise

On August 2nd, I attended my final event for Yelp's 10-year celebration: Hornblower Sunset Cruise! I cannot believe that we got to party on a boat for 3 hours, how cool!

Stephen, Derrick, Evan, Vinh, myself & Sonya

My friends & I arrived around 4:15ish & were probably the first 10 in line to check in & board the San Francisco Belle for our sunset cruise. Upon going through the ramp, there were Yelp swag a'plenty & food provided to us by Eat24, yum! Also, if you made a $10 donation to Kiva, you got a reusable glass for your voyage.

Welcome sign

That's our boat!

Yelp swag

Eat24 sushi & shot glasses

Donate to Kiva!

Boarding now

I wonder who won...

San Francisco Belle

There were three main floors plus the top of the boat to explore. We were first ushered to the very top as we waited to set sail at 6PM sharp! This boat party had everything: kettle corn, sipping broth, silent disco, libations a'plenty, sliders, jerky, hula hoops, piana playing, photobooth fun & more! There was something for every single person onboard for sure.

Waiting to set sail!

I'm on a boat that's on a boat! Boat inception? :P

I can navigate a'okay!

Let's all hug for warmth!

Excitement's killing us!

Let the party begin! All floors are open!

2 pianos playing requests

Banana chip with chicken avocado dip

Smoky facon sipping broth

Many Manhattans

Salmon with curry, yum!

Chicken with noodles

Peepin' outside at the view

Up to the next level

Kimchi

Delightful chocolate mousse

Slider station

Sweet potato pie bites

Flan flan flan

Individual nutella espresso flan

My flan with cookie & Mexican cookie crumbles on top

Delicious chocolate bites *drool*

Sunset time :)

Super yummy trail mixes

Cantalope gazpacho

Cako cupcakes

The ship had a lovely course during our cruise which passed by Alcatraz Island & even going underneath the Golden Gate Bridge. It was fun imitating Jack & Rose from Titanic for sure :P

It was quite windy... Like my model hair? :P

Golden Gate Bridge behind us

"I'm flying, Jack!"

Golden Gate Bridge

We just went underneath the Golden Gate

Hula hoop pros!

Vinh lookin' out at the bay

Evan, Sonya, myself & Vinh enjoying the end of our cruise

Bay Bridge all lit up

Time to dock with the Coit Tower in the background

By San Francisco Belle!

If you wanna read more reviews about the event, click here. For more photos from the paparazzi, click here. I now leave you with some photobooth photos :)

Cheese!

Reppin' the 49ers, baby!

Duckface!

Thanks to the Yelp team, Hornblower & all the wonderful sponsors for an amazing boat party! Again, happy 10 years Yelp & to many more :)

Want to know more about Yelp Elite & Yelp community events? Just ask & I'll gladly answer, just be sure to leave your contact info!

53 comments:

  1. That looks like a blast. The food all looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an absolute blast! So much yummy food, it was basically our dinner :P

      Delete
  2. It looks like Yelp really went out of their way to host some amazing events. I'm sure you guys had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yelp did it amazingly this time around! Party on the boat!

      Delete
  3. What an adventure you guys went on! I love the pictures with your hair blowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband loves that crazy hair photo :P

      Delete
  4. What a great time you had! I have never heard of the Hornblower! All that food looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried Hornblower in San Diego, but wasn't impressed. This time around was a blast!

      Delete
  5. That looks like the best of all of the events - a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is certainly in my top 10 Yelp events I've been to!

      Delete
  6. I MUST get involved in Yelp! Best parties EVER!!! And those cupcakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Yelp events are an absolute blast :)

      Delete
  7. That is by far my favorite Yelp event post from you yet. I would have loved to go on that cruise and enjoy all the food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to just run all the way to California & come to a Yelp event with me, Jennifer :P

      Delete
  8. That looks like you had an amazing time! Love the shot with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that we were able to sail under the Golden Gate Bridge :)

      Delete
  9. These are some cool events you're getting to attend with Yelp! Love that you shared it with us. The pics are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yelp puts on some of the best events ever!

      Delete
  10. What an awesome adventure. I am excited for you just looking at the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very exciting Yelp adventure :P

      Delete
  11. You guys always have so much fun no matter what you do! I love your playfulness out on the deck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All work & no play makes Annie a dull girl, right? Gotta have fun with everything :)

      Delete
  12. I can't believe Yelp has been around that long! I have been using it for about two years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yelp is amazing! I was surprised 10 years has passed already.

      Delete
  13. That looks like such fun! The food looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The food was delish! So much fun :)

      Delete
  14. Looks like a lot of great food and fun! Love the photos. Amber N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great time :)

      Delete
  15. what a fun time and everything looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of the best times, especially as a farewell for my bestie :P

      Delete
  16. What fun! The food looks so yummy...especially the sushi. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the food was yummy! Fun times on a boat :P

      Delete
  17. That looks like so much fun! The food looks delicious and the views are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved exploring SF from the bay, so much fun!

      Delete
  18. that looks like so much fun! What an experience. I have taken a few mini cruises in the past

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was so much fun! One of the top Yelp events thus far :)

      Delete
  19. Wow, they really know how to party and you seem to always find these great parties. It is great to be a yelper! The food looked fantastic and it just all looked like such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a Yelper does definitely have its perks! Fabulous party on the boat!

      Delete
  20. Wow. I wish I could have been there - it seems a lot of fun and the food really looks great, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a fun time! Party on the boat :D

      Delete
  21. It does look like a fun time. I have to go look up silent disco though, I don't know what that is and I'm curious. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silent disco is basically you wearing headphones that's playing music & you dance to it. It's just silent to everyone else not wearing headphones :P

      Delete
  22. Looks like a super fun event. All of the food looked delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely one of the top Yelp events I've attended :)

      Delete
  23. These Yelp events look like so much fun and I'm glad you were able to enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super fun! I still wanna go to more :P

      Delete
  24. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, Yelp hosts this cruise party! Awesome! It looks like you all had a great time and that food looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on a boat! It was such a fun event :)

      Delete
  25. Looks like a fantastic time! I love the food selection and all the activities you mentioned. Hula hoops on a boat.....how fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hula hooping on a boat is harder than you think, lol! So much fun though :)

      Delete
  26. Awww I wish we had events like this in my area. We need a Yelp 911 in NOLA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think NOLA has a Yelp community! Look them up :)

      Delete
  27. I swear, Yelp always DOES amazing events and I never see them! lol I will have to look up the Yelp info in STL. I know sometimes they send me things, but things have just been so crazy here lately! I am glad you and Vin had a great time :) It looked like a lot of fun and beautiful view!

    & OMG that foood YUMMMMMMMMMMMM SUSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

    ReplyDelete