Monday, August 4, 2014

Yelp10: Nespresso Boutique Bar Party

On July 31st, I had the pleasure of attending the first of 27 Yelp events for the weekend in the San Francisco Bay Area. Why so many events you may ask? Yelp was celebrating it's 10-year anniversary with a bang! Our first event of the weekend was the Nespresso Boutique Bar Party event. Beautiful way to start the Yelp 10-Year Celebration weekend!

Vinh & I chillin' at our table for two :)

Upon walking into Nespresso, you immediately get a bright, airy & modern atmosphere. We were checked in really quick & then waited just a few minutes for the party area to open up.

Vinh & I sat in a table for two. We met Aileen B & Linda W from Phoenix as they sat at the table next to us & a beautiful Yelp friendship began to grow through the rest of the evening. We all had the best seats as all the staff were passing through our tables first for samples of dessert as well as taking orders for drinks.

Party sign

Event area, so modern :)

Look at all the swag on the table

Vinh's dark cappuccino & my light one, haha

White wine with my cappuccino

Speaking of food, the creme brulee bites were yummy & they also had chocolate opera cake bites. The raspberry macaron was my fave out of the other flavors: pistachio, strawberry, chocolate, coconut. Nespresso's cappuccino was so quite with the Yelp logo on top of the foam. Also, not too strong which is great for this gal who doesn't drink much coffee (gasp!). Stella Rosa's red dessert wine was definitely a winner, sweet & fruity!

Creme brulee

Chocolate opera cake

Red dessert wine & a raspberry macaron

Chocolate & something else macarons

Coconut & raspberry macarons

The staff were all very friendly & all smiles during the evening. Nespresso even held a raffle to win one of their pixie machines. Sadly, no one at our tables won, oh well. Nespresso also had demos downstairs on how to use their machines & to sample the other varieties they had. Check here for more reviews & photos from other Yelpers. Check here for photos from the paparazzi :)

Our not winning raffle tickets lol

Nespresso cups as decor, gorgeous!

I love their cup set up, so pretty!

LCD panels & a modern space

Nespresso window display

Overall, a very fun way to stay the Yelpy weekend & to meeting many new Yelpers from all over! Thanks to Yelp & Nespresso for this fun event on Thursday :)

Want to know more about Yelp Elite & Yelp community events? Just ask & I'll gladly answer, just be sure to leave your contact info!

69 comments:

  1. Look at all those yummy treats. You guys get invited to the coolest things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was invited. Gotta fight for your spot via RSVP! But it was a cool event :)

      Delete
  2. That looks amazing! I wish I were there right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a great time :)

      Delete
  3. What a cool event through Yelp - I so want to get better at reviewing so I get invited to these. Looks like a great event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it were through invite, but you have to RSVP to these events. Being consistent at reviewing does help though :P

      Delete
  4. What a way to spend an evening. The delicacies and cappuccino drinks looked fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great way to end a Thursday evening for sure. So much fun :)

      Delete
  5. You must of had such a lovely time.All those yummy goodies too :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great time! Met some pretty cool people, too :)

      Delete
  6. That looks like an amazing event, it also seems that you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did enjoy ourselves immensely! Another great Yelp event :)

      Delete
  7. Wow, how awesome is this? I have heard of these private Yelping events too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yelp events are so fun & a great way to check out new local businesses :)

      Delete
  8. What a fun boutique! And those macarons look absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The macarons were good! Very pretty & modern boutique :)

      Delete
  9. What an amazing place! I love that Yelp put this all together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yelp is amazing at putting together events through their community managers!

      Delete
  10. wow everything looks amazing. Seems Like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great time for sure!

      Delete
  11. I love the yelp coffee. Looks like you had a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun yet quick trip to SF for the evening :P

      Delete
  12. Another great Yelp event. Nespresso sounds like a great place to have the party. the food looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Nespresso would be a great hangout & for parties as well. Their drinks are fantastic :)

      Delete
  13. Looks like fun. All that food looks so good. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was plenty of fun & great food for sure!

      Delete
  14. How fun! And look at all those wonderful treat! Yum! Amber N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All very yummy treats indeed!

      Delete
  15. you always have the best Yelp events!
    macaroons look yummoooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to go to the events that sound fun, haha!

      Delete
  16. What a great event that must have been! I would have love to try some of the creme brulee bites! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The creme brulee bites were amazing! I want one now, ahhh!

      Delete
  17. I cannot believe YELP! has been around for 10 years. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! It's amazing that they've been around for so long :P

      Delete
  18. You have all these amazing Yelp events in your area - I need to move. We have had one and I was not able to attend - maybe next time. Looks like you had a lot of fun at this one, I have a couple friends who would have loved to attend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come move to the Bay Area where Yelp is stationed. However, everything is expensive as heck, lol! I hope you have another Yelp event closer to you next time :)

      Delete
  19. Wow....that looks like so much fun! All of the desserts/snacks look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The desserts were delish!

      Delete
  20. These Yelp events you attend are fantastic! They always inspire me to plan my next party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I love that I can draw from Yelp events to plan a future party, hehe :P

      Delete
  21. Looks like a fun day with some great looking treats. These Yelp events look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yelp events are quite fun! I always look forward to the next one that I'm lucky enough to get into :P

      Delete
  22. I love Yelp and I love coffee....clearly I need to be at this event! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha where were you?! Can never go wrong with Yelp & coffee ;)

      Delete
  23. That looks like an AWESOME event! I am totally into anything that includes delicious coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coffee was so good! If only I could've bought one of their machines lol :P

      Delete
  24. What a cool event! Love the delicious looking food and I really need a cup of coffee right now. Looks like a top-notch event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A smaller event, but a great way to kick off the weekend of festivities :P

      Delete
  25. I had macarons for the first time two weeks ago! There were so good and I can not wait to have more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Macarons are so good if done right! Yum :)

      Delete
  26. That looks like an awesome event! I've never had macaroons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should so try them if you get the chance. So good :)

      Delete
  27. Wow, that event is setup very well! Glad you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely was set up real well :)

      Delete
  28. I had no idea that Yelp had events like this one. This was a beautiful venue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yelp is amazing with events all over the USA!

      Delete
  29. Great event and venue! Yelp is pretty big these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Yelp keeps getting bigger! To another 10 years :P

      Delete
  30. Oh my gosh those all look so good. Wish I was there with you LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teleportation should be a thing already, right? I'd love to teleport to Yelp events elsewhere :P

      Delete
  31. ooo the food and drinks look so good!! Yelp has been having some awesome events lately! Thanks for sharing all your pics A!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall bring you to a Yelp event one day for sure, bestie! :P

      Delete
  32. You go to some awesome events! Look at all those macaroons, I love those. The space looks really cool and modern. I want to go to a Yelp event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The space is so cool for a Yelp event! I could've spent more time there if I could :P

      Delete
  33. I am so jealous I would have loved to have gone. The food looks amazing. I am glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a really fun event :)

      Delete
  34. Anonymous7:27 AM

    I love their window display; that is amazing! I so wish I could have been there, too. Very cool.
    -Tracy Batwinas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their modern take on everything, so cool! :)

      Delete
  35. This event looks amazing! Yelp knows how to throw a party!

    ReplyDelete