Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Yelp10: A Swingin' Good Time at Urban Putt

Vinh & I had our second event on August 1st for Yelp's 10th anniversary called A Swingin' Good Time at Urban Putt. I figured it'd be a fun event since we could recreate our high school date with indoor mini golf. I read great reviews on the mini golf portion so I had to partake in this fun event. Especially at $15 per person for a round of mini golf, KRAVE jerky samples & beer!

I made friends with an octopus :P

We arrived a little early to find street parking & then headed towards Urban Putt. I loved their logo & we found out that this mini golf place was funded by Kickstarter, how cool! It took a year to build this whole place from an old mortuary. Yup, just a wee bit creepy is all :P

Urban Putt logo

Mini golf area

KRAVE jerky samples

The bar area

Pick your putter :P

Sacramento's CM Alex L giving us directions

All the holes were so unique & some were quite the intricate little things. The holes took us through SF, virtual worlds, mazes, underwater, Day of the Dead, music, robots & much more! As Vinh suspected, the course had a steampunk influence & basically affirmed by the owner when we chatted with him. My favorite holes were probably the Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead), underwater & the virtual world :)

Hole #1 - earthquake?

Hole #2 - skeeball anyone?

Hole #3 - don't hit too hard

Hole #4 - virtual golfing

Hole #5 - windmill

Hole #6 - labyrinth

The hole your ball falls in signals how many strokes you took

Monica & Paul got a hole in one

Hole #7 - underwater

Submarine!

My octo friend sans flash

Hole #8 - Lemme drive the submarine?

Inside the submarine

Is that a ghost orb inside my submarine photo? :P

Hole #9 - Dia de los Muertos


Hole #10 - Drums & percussion sounds


Holes #10 & #11

Hole #11 - Golf land

Hole #12 - Quack!

Hole #13 - Robots & music


Hole #14 - Grand finale


I didn't really hit him, I swear :P

After mini golfing, we headed to the bar & ordered up a Mama's Lil Yella Pils(ner). It was quite refreshing, especially after working hard & having fun mini golfing. Too bad you can't bring your drinks onto the course. That'll certainly make things harder, haha :P

Free beers to taste :)

If you haven't been to Urban Putt, this is certainly a mini golf course you just have to try! It's not your run of the mill Golfland. This is a whole 'nother level of mini golf! Thanks Yelp, Urban Putt & KRAVE for a fun afternoon event :)

Want to know more about Yelp Elite & Yelp community events? Just ask & I'll gladly answer, just be sure to leave your contact info!

54 comments:

  1. We definitely don't have anything like this around here. How cool is that place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the neatest mini golf place ever! I was surprised :D

      Delete
  2. Wonder if there's anything like this around Atlanta. Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Urban Putt should expand to all over the US!

      Delete
  3. Wow. That looks pretty fun and funky. My family used to do mini golf all the time when I was a kid. We loved it as a family. Now when I take the kids it is a bit more challenging but still fun unless they are too tried to play. Mostly mini golf is a fun family experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mini golf is so fun! I did it mostly in high school with my friends & my now hubs :P

      Delete
  4. That looks like such a fun place to go! Looks like you had a great time! Love your A- Mayzing photos too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you did there, haha! It was definitely a lot of fun :)

      Delete
  5. Mini golfing is always fun, especially when you do it with the family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I can't wait to do it with my future kiddos :)

      Delete
  6. I love Mini golf,looks like a really fun event you got to go to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very casual, but super fun event! Totally worth it :)

      Delete
  7. Wow, this place is something else! That octopus is super cool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The octopus was my buddy, haha! He hella blocked my shot though :P

      Delete
  8. Mini golf rocks we love going as a family to play. this course looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This course was the best I've ever played! So much fun & very unique :)

      Delete
  9. I love mini golf. That course looks like a ton of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the best mini golf course ever!

      Delete
  10. I love mini golf. This place looks like a ton of fun, and I like all the different types of holes, especially the glow room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The glow room was my favorite along with the Day of the Dead one. So cool!

      Delete
  11. I love the way they decorated the course. That is truly unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The most unique mini golf course I've ever played :)

      Delete
  12. That looks like a fun place to golf, and I don't even golf! Amber N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suck at golfing, too! But quite a fun experience :)

      Delete
  13. My family loves mini golf and this looks so different and so much fun. Amazing that it used to be a mortuary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who would've thought it was a mortuary, right? So cool!

      Delete
  14. Oh now that sounds like such a fun place to go - I would be awful but I can imagine it bringing lots of giggles. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely brought lots of giggles & laughs throughout the course! So fun!

      Delete
  15. How cool - this place looks like so much fun. I love that it's indoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indoor mini golf is so much better than outdoors :P

      Delete
  16. this I would totally do in summer
    indoor =a/c; it is humid here!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely cool inside! Although SF is always chilly since it's by the water :P

      Delete
  17. I love to play mini golf. Looks like a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love this mini golf course then!

      Delete
  18. I have to say that I was once kicked out of putt putt for having a mini wine bottle! I love that this place HAS BEER. That is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! That is hilarious, but it's definitely more fun when intoxicated ;)

      Delete
  19. How fun!! I have never heard of an indoor putt putt place! The beer looks like a fun twist to the event. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More fun when there's libations involved, lol! :P

      Delete
  20. Wow! This is an amazing place! There is so much to see and do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! There's so many little things that you can't see it all in one visit :P

      Delete
  21. Oh how fun! Wow that looks like a place we need to check out. You guys had a load of fun there, great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check it out if you're ever in SF!

      Delete
  22. How awesomely amazing is that golf course! It looks like so much fun! and sureee you didn't hit vinh with the golf club :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I'll take you there next time you come visit! So much fun! Just hope we don't break anything hahaha :P

      Delete
  23. I am a horrible golfer! They might regret having anything breakable inside if I try my swing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not great either, but I didn't break anything! That's a bonus :P

      Delete
  24. It looks like a fun place to putt putt. We're overdue to head to our local putt-putt that's local.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic mini golf place! Have fun at yours :)

      Delete
  25. That's some serious minigolf! It looks like you had a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Serious, but totally fun mini golf! ;)

      Delete
  26. I haven't been mini golfing in such a long time. This looks like a fun place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This may be your place to re-embrace mini golf :P

      Delete
  27. Love that they serve beer! With 3 kids, that seems like a nice reward for herding them through the course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot imagine herding 3 kids through this course, that is a major accomplishment! Beer would definitely help :P

      Delete