Wednesday, September 24, 2014

5 Things To Do In Oahu

Aloha readers! I wanna let you know that my lovely sponsor Jasmine has allowed me to do a guest post today on her blog, yay! I recently had my first trip to the Hawaiian Islands, to Oahu specifically. Can you say paradise?! Since it was my first time, I wanted to do any & everything. So many things to see & so little time. How is a girl to choose? Well, let me help y'all with that with my top five favorites from my vacay :)




ONE. Polynesian Cultural Center
Yes, this is a bit of a touristy visit. However, I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to the PCC. I love that they have all the different islands of Polynesia plus Hawaii & each island has their own 20 minute show in their designated areas. Each island also had their own unique hands-on activities like creating a bracelet, climbing a coconut tree, drumming, etc. If you get the whole package, you can attend a luau at 5:30PM & then watch the night show, Ha: Breath of Fire, afterwards. The night show was absolutely amazing!



TWO. Kualoa Ranch ATV Tour
One of my first adventures in Oahu thanks to a very fun bachelorette party for my friend. The ATV tour was definitely fun for all. You got to ATV through trails, grass, rocks, mud puddles & even through the rain! We passed by movie locations from 50 First Dates, Godzilla & Jurassic Park. I would definitely suggest the 2-hour tour as it goes by so quickly. Plenty more photo ops as well on the 2-hour one. Great place to take your man as well ;)


THREE. Pacific Aviation Museum 
I thought this was definitely worth seeing besides the other popular Pearl Harbor sites. You would need a military ID to drive in by car or take a tour bus/shuttle onto Pearl Harbor base to see this museum (as it's still an active military base). I would say splurge on the $10 extra for a tour as the tour guides literally take you through the aviation history for WWII. You even get to see actual aircrafts used during WWII as well as through the present day.


FOUR. Hanauma Bay
My favorite beach to visit while I was staying in Oahu. I was a mere 5 minutes away from it, but didn't even discover it until halfway through my trip. What's so cool about this place? It's a nature preserve where you get to swim & snorkel near a reef with tons of fishies & sometimes turtles! Be sure to get there when it opens at 6AM & you won't have to pay admission or watch the annoying video (admission fee starts at 7AM). Also, be sure to bring your snorkeling gear if you want do search for fishies. Believe me, the water is definitely warm enough to swim in at 6AM ;)


FIVE. Uncle Clay's House of Pure Aloha
You can't go to Oahu or any Hawaiian island without having some shaved ice. Uncle Clay's House of Pure Aloha (HOPA) was our absolute favorite during our whole trip. It's run by the nicest man named Uncle Clay & he wants to spread pure aloha to every one of his customers. He treats everyone like family & wants to continue the legacy of Hawaiian hospitality. All the flavors used for the shaved ice are homemade as are the mochi toppings. You can also get your shaved ice on top of ice cream *drools* My favorite combo is shaved ice of lilikoi (passionfruit) & kalespin on top of Tahitian vanilla ice cream with mochi. Pure heaven!

I hope that I have somewhat helped you in planning a future trip to Oahu now! Be sure to head over to A Pinch Of Jasmine for the original posting! :)

29 comments:

  1. Now I just have to get there to experience these things for myself. It sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so interesting to know exactly what happens when you visit the PCC. I am looking forward to visiting Hawaii and I'll check your blog post out too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent 5 month in Hawaii when my daughter was one, to help my sister with her child while her husband was out at sea. I never got to experience all the great things and one day I swear I will go back and do them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband has been wanting to go Hawaii for as long as I can remember. Maybe someday. These photos are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hawaii is definitvely on my bucket list
    I hope to be there sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet this was a beautiful experience. We've never been here but our son has and he loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what an awesome trip!!! This is our celebration trip when we finally pay off these dang student loans of ours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a wonderful time you must have had. Take me next time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always wanted to go to Oahu. It looks like a great place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been to Oahu, though I'd love to go there one day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've not been, but I have visited Maui and Kauai.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've only been to Maui, which is beautiful, but this makes me want to go back to Hawaii and experience Oahu.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never been, hope to one day so I can for sure so these things!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have always wanted to visit Hawaii. Thank you for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I would love to go to Hawaii. This looks so amazing. Amber N

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it! Going to Hawaii is on my travel bucket list and I can not wait to go one day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have never been there but it totally looks like it is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to do just about anything in Oahu! Even just sitting on the beach would be awesome. Looks like such a fun place!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I only have Alaska and Hawaii left to complete my 50 states and I cannot wait to go here. I pinned your list of things to do for future reference! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never been to HAwaii but it looks beautiful. It's on the bucket list for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope to visit there - once we head back ot the US this will be on the vacation list!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohhh I am so jealous! Hawaii is on my bucket list and I hope to get there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would love to go to Hawaii. I hear there is great surf. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've never been to Hawaii but it's definitely high on my list of vacation destinations!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can't wait to visit Hawaii now! The PCC is for sure on my list! I know that not only will I enjoy it, but so would the rest of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow. That is beautiful. I would love to go and see this.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is one of those things that are on my bucket list. How awesome that you got to visit such an amazing place. I will have to check out the rest of the series!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh this place looks really beautiful and these photos make me want to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh most definitely Jurassic Park & Hanauma Bay have been added to my bucket list :) Looks so neat :)

    ReplyDelete