Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Fish Eye Wine Review

BzzAgent was kind enough to send us a coupon for basically free 3-liter boxed wine from Fish Eye. Vinh & I ended up snatching the very last box from Nob Hill Foods as they were discontinuing it from there store, score! The original price was ~$15, but with our coupon from Fish Eye & BzzAgent, that brought our total down to free, yay! By the way, that averages ~$1 per glass ;)

2013 Pinot Grigio

We actually had no idea what pinot grigio was, but figured now was a good time to find out, haha. We were surprised by how big the 3-liter boxed wine was. We're so used to our bottled wines. I do love the design of the box though as it had a place to punch out a handle on the top & then again where the wine spout would appear. The print/artwork wasn't too shabby either :)

Side view

More info about the pinot grigio

Environmentally conscious

Spout out, wine out!

The Pinot Grigio was a white wine & it was on the lighter & semi-sweet side. That was actually perfect for me since I love the sweeter wines. We have also used this for cooking & especially with reduction of fruits for our dishes, yummy. Overall, this was much cheaper than buying 4 bottles of wine. You really can't beat the price on that. Quality was alright since nothing can really beat the real wineries, but for boxed wine it was pretty good.

DISCLAIMER: All products received are complimentary for testing purposes from BzzAgent. All opinions are 100% my own.

30 comments:

  1. I normally prefer red wines, but who am I kidding - I would totally try this. It sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried fish eye wine before, I'd love to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit I did wonder at first what it was going to be, obviously have my literal head on. I know quite a few people who would like this. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had Fish Eye Pinot before. It's pretty good and the price is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think boxed wine is a great value. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Pinot Grigio but I've never heard of this brand. I am going to have to try it out for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say I'm not a big drinker so I've never had wine from a box before, but I'm willing to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a smooth Pinot! I can open this up on a weekend and enjoy the evenings in peace when the kids go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one I haven't heard of before but it looks great! I am drinking Pinot right now and I don't like to spend too much on wine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love almost all wines! And have come to enjoy some boxed wines too. Trader Joe's has a great wine section at such a great price, you need to try them if they're near you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not a wine drinker but I know a lot of people who would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds interesting. I am a big wino, so I would definitely try it. Amber N

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is a cool looking box to begin with
    I am always curious about products from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love the packaging that Fish Eye Wine comes in, that box is really pretty. I like the turquoise colors and unique shape.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That packaging is pretty cool. I will have to look for this

    ReplyDelete
  16. My husband loves white wine to cook with, and he's actually been looking for new kinds to use. Since he cooks a lot,purchasing boxed wine like this would be a good solution, budget-wise.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a great wine, I like how they show what to pair it with right on the box. Not so sure about the name though. lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've heard good things about this wine but I haven't tried it yet. I will look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the packaging, it's so fun! I don't drink wine often, but when I do, I really only drink white wine, so this would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I usually buy my wines based on the design of the bottle (I know, I know). So of course I would have to pick this up just because it's in a box! I need to check at my local stores to see if anybody carries this - it's been a while since I've bought any wine.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I normally don't drink wine but my husband loves red wine. I cook with white wine so this would be a great addition to my spice cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that they're using the trendy bright turquoise for the box. That's definitely an eye catcher that would make you take a second look.

    ReplyDelete
  23. the name had me giggling. Never heard of this wine before but then I'm not very knowledgeable in the wine area. I do like the box very eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm not a wine person but I will pass this along to my friends, they'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Every once in a while we will get wine. Never tried Fish Eye Wine though. Would have to check the SAQ to see if they have this wine.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have never heard of this wine. It would probably be great to cook with.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love me a good glass of win to unwind after a long day. Never heard of this one before and I think I will research it a bit more and see where I can get some. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. never really tried this before - sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm totally a white wine girl so I would like to try this. For the amount you get this is a great deal. I'm definitely going to look for it to try at our next dinner party!

    ReplyDelete