Thursday, September 4, 2014

Labor Day Weekend

I hope everyone had a great & relaxing Labor Day weekend. For those of you that worked, thank you for working & keeping our country going! I actually had quite the low key weekend for the most part. It involved spending time with my furbabies, visiting family & resting :)

Darla & Libby resting on our Stitch pillow pet

On Saturday, we mainly chilled at home with our adorable kiddos. They needed some good lovin' this weekend!

Darla asleep on mommy

Look at that cute face




Darla's pooped out

Libby lookin' cute on top of her scratching post

Then she fell asleep :P

On Sunday, we spent time with our furbabies before heading down to Sunnyvale to hang with my parents & sisters. We ended up going to buy Snake Bite & then stumbling into Tin Pot Creamery, yum! Afterwards, we had dinner with my grandma :)

G'morning Darla :)

Where's Libby? ;)

Delicious Tin Pot Creamery ice cream

Strawberry in a fresh cone!

Almond tofu dessert!

Darla likes to chew on our towels...

Libby modeling...

On Sunday, we played with our kiddos for a bit before picking up my sisters to Half Moon Bay. We ended up going to visit my grandpa's grave site since none of us would be available to see him on the one year of his passing next Friday. We ended up eating some Chinese doughnuts & fruit with him for a while enjoying the beautiful scenery & breeze before leaving.

Bag of shame... She got herself stuck :P

These two always napping together

Someone's getting more confident outdoors :)

Visiting grandpa

I found this little orange weed/flower thing near my grandpa's grave & I found it kind of comforting. Why? There used to be the exact same ones growing in his lawn when I was growing up. He'd take me for walks & I'd go pick these :)

Orange weed/flower next to grandpa's grave

Pooped out pup

Chillin' behind daddy

Model status? :P

G'night mommy

What did y'all do for Labor Day? Something exciting or relaxing? Maybe a little bit of both? :)

38 comments:

  1. Awww, look at how cute your furbabies are. Glad you guys had a nice, relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they're definitely growing up before my eyes!

      Delete
  2. aw look at them so adorable all snuggle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They like to use their cuteness to get their way a lot ;)

      Delete
  3. Look at those sweet babies. I love animals, life is richer with them around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are certainly like my little kids that cannot speak, haha :P

      Delete
  4. Ohh look at all those cute pet pictures <3, how amazing that the flower is growing near your Grandads grave as well fantastic that means so much. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's comforting to visit my grandfather from time to time & see that flower pop up was awesome :)

      Delete
  5. Such a good idea to take the flowers that had meaning to the grave. I think I'll do that with my grandpa who loved tulips. I can't believe I didn't think of tulips sooner.

    Your pet pictures are cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My grandfather loved gardening so flowers were one of his many talents :)

      Delete
  6. Next time let's trade Labor Day weekends! We were busy picking up a new puppy and shopping for property for our new home. Glad you could relax - love the fur babies and the ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I remember those days of picking a pup & house searching. I'm glad I'm all settled...for now :P

      Delete
  7. What a sweet post. So many cute animals :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your weekend sounds nice and relaxing and your furbabbies are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I believe that my weekends are either really chaotic or relaxing :)

      Delete
  9. Your pets look absolutely adorable! I loved all the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These little fellas are adorable. You can't help but smile! Amber n

    ReplyDelete
  11. These little ones are gorgeous and I love how they nap together. I need to try the almond tofu dessert yum... What I found sweeter was the orange flower tree - I personally think that's not a coincidence and he's letting you know he remembers you as you do him. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almond tofu is so refreshing, definitely give it a try! My grandfather was always a happy guy so I'm sure he was trying to make us smile :)

      Delete
  12. Lots of lounging!!! My family and I spent Sunday at the Beach and Monday playing board games. It was a perfect weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanna head to the beach! Sounds so nice :)

      Delete
  13. Glad you had a nice relaxing time! We did too! You have an adorable furfamily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we love our furbabies :P

      Delete
  14. I love the pictures of your fur babies they are adorable! We had a relaxing weekend at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Relaxing is great! Thank you :)

      Delete
  15. Looks like you had a great time. I would love to try some ice cream from Tin Pot Creamery, looks delicious. We don't celebrate Labor Day here in Spain, but we have a long weekend from today til Tuesday thanks to Fiestas del Pino.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their ice cream is the bomb! It's soooo creamy & yummy :)

      Delete
  16. It was Independence Day in Trinidad on the very day, so we also had a holiday. I stayed in during the day and then went to catch the fireworks in the Capital in the evening. It was a relaxing and peaceful day. Loved it.

    Your pics of your furbabies are adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so cool! I love learning about different holidays on the same days :)

      Delete
  17. Aww, Darla and Libby are precious! I especially love the photo of Libby hiding under the shower curtain. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libby hates water, yet is always fascinated with our tub... :P

      Delete
  18. What adorable pets, I really love all the pictures. Puppies are so precious to me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Our labor day was pretty low key. Looks like your fur kids got lots of love, and I'm totally jealous of your ice cream cone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of the best ice cream cones I've ever had ;)

      Delete