Monday, September 22, 2014

SF Giant Race 2014

Hi everyone! Sorry it's been quiet around here. I just got back a few days ago from vacation. More on that to come. First, I wanted to get this post out from before my vacay!

On September 7th, I had the pleasure of participating & completing the SF Giant Race! It is rare to have nice weather in San Francisco, but by the time the 5K portion rolled around, it was warm & sunny. Amazing :)

Go Giants!

Vinh couldn't make it to this 5K (due to monthly Army training) so my sister Lonnie subbed for him. We arrived early thinking that the 5K would start promptly at 10:50AM. To our surprise, our corral didn't start until 30 minutes after that since they waited 10 minutes per corral, ugh...

AT&T Park

Other AT&T Park gate

Myself & Lonnie

Corral #4

30 minutes into the 5K...

We were surprised to find that it was hot by the time we started jogging through the course. That is strange for San Francisco weather. I am not complaining though since it was a beautiful day out!

Bay Bridge

Bow & arrow :)

Recognize him from the SJ Giants run? LOL

Awesome metal tree art

Bay Bridge selfie :P

Marina

We ended up finishing the race in a little under an hour. This included pitstops for photo ops as well as portapotties, haha :P

Finish line!

I was bummed that Lou the Seal wasn't around for photo ops as I haven't had a chance to get one with him. However, there was plenty of photo ops with us being on the playing field & with the two World Series trophies. There was also the free snacks & drinks from our awesome sponsors & even swag :)

Near home base on the field

View from home base :)

Our team's dugout

Got my finisher's medal, baby!

Hella cute sign for the run!

With the World Series trophies :)

Can I take it home? ;)

Have a seat on some Candlestick seats

Run!

Run?

That's my Giants!

We noticed a really cool van in our parking lot so we had to take some photos with it as well before leaving the run!

Left side

Front

Right side

See the dragon? ;)

Rainbow!

We ended up getting a two turn awards since Vinh & I participated in the San Jose Giants Run back in July. We received special SJ & SF Giants earbuds as our prize, yayyy! Overall, another fun run :)

Here's a mini collage of our photographer photos:


*click for original size*

Have you done a 5K/run/walk lately? If not, is there one in the future? :)

27 comments:

  1. Now that is what I call a race. If you're going to enter a race, it may as well be a fun one, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! That must have been so much fun to be on the field!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that race did look like fun. And really great pics too! I'm not much of a runner at all, but I do like to take walks. Have never entered a race though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the race, it looks fun. I love the pics. I didn't realize though that San Francisco didn't most always have sunny, nice weather. To me over here on the East Coast, it always sounds so dreamy over there on the west one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never done one but I talk about it frequently. You found some super photo ops to document yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow looks so fun! I haven't ever done a race but look forward to one day, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds and looks like you had a lot of fun. I've never done any race whatsoever and actually have no intentions of doing one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How amazing. Looks like you all had the best time ever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you both had an amazing time! It was a beautiful day to be running!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks awesome. I have never run a race but SF looks like the place to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what an amazing looking place - it looks like there is so much going on - I honestly thought it was more than one place! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow what a great place to hang.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like it was a great event. It's remarkable how many people showed up to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good for you and way to go!! I think the location itself is almost worth the effort to finish the race.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you had a great time. Love the photos. Amber N

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like so much fun! I need to come hang out with you - you're always doing something exciting and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome photos! This post reminds me that I must run a race in California. Total bucket list item!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you had an excellent time. All these pictures remind me of when I lived in California.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You guys totally know how to live it up! Looks like quite a fun day

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fun. I wish I could run a mile but 5k? you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've not been able to do a 5k yet! I want to so bad, but the timing of things just working out on ones that I want to participate in. This is one I'd love to do though! Ending on the field is a really cool bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the photos! It looks like you had a fantastic time!! I would love to run a race but need to get in shape first.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love all your photos. Congratulations on your race. I have not done a race like this. I would need to get into shape to be able to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I ran the SF half marathon last year and loved it! It is definitely a beautiful area to run in!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's a lot of fun, I wish I can too - but I am no runner haha!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have never done a 5K. I would love to but I am just nto sure I could handle it. Maybe I will try that couch to 5k program. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. It looks like this is full of great views along the way! Races are fun it seems.

    ReplyDelete