Thursday, October 16, 2014

Hanauma Bay & A Wedding

Our fourth day on the island was a fairly low key one as we had my friend's wedding to attend later that evening. We did get to finally have some fun in the water at the gorgeous Hanauma Bay :)

After playing in Hanauma Bay :P


We literally lived near Hanauma Bay that it took less than 5 minutes to drive there. We arrived when they opened their gates at 6AM. Yup, you read that right. Tip: If you arrive at Hanauma Bay when it opens, you don't have to pay for parking or admission & you don't have to watch the mandatory 20 minute video. Keep that in mind! Anyways while waiting to get allowed in, we saw a bunch of stray kittens/cats roaming around freely.

Wild kittens

*click for larger view*

We arrived to an almost deserted oasis. It was absolutely gorgeous no matter what time of day! The water was already quite blue before the sun rose over the hills. Vinh ended up renting some snorkeling equipment while I stayed mostly along the shore being his "buddy" until the lifeguards show up. He definitely enjoyed himself snorkeling around the reef looking at all the different schools of fish & marine life.

Gorgeous view

*click for larger view*

Birdie prints :P

Sun is coming up :)

Such blue waters

Walking back to the car, but first, lemme take a selfie

See the reef portions?!

After having fun at Hanauma Bay, we decided to go eat at Ruffage Natural Foods, a poke bowl place recommended to us by a local. I got their spicy ahi tuna poke bowl with avocado. So yummy!

Smoothie

Spicy ahi tuna poke bowl with avocado

We headed back after lunch to change before heading to Kaneohe for Helean & Chris' wedding at Ko'olau Ballrooms.

Follow the wedding signs

Gorgeous scenery

Ceremony site

Waterfall

Here comes the bride!

Their vows were hilarious. Helean promised to play more video games while Chris promised to spend less money...among other more serious vows, haha! Too cute :)

Mr & Mrs Wakukawa

The reception was filled with plenty of food & yummy drinks. I loved their Disney-themed reception. I ended up sitting with three high school friends at the Pirates of the Caribbean table. There was no rum though ;)

Too cute

Turtle ice sculpture!

Serena & I with our turtle friend

Food

Sushi on cucumber

Yummy fruity alcoholic beverage

Table decorations with wedding favor

Wedding cake

My yummy macadamia nut drink!

Helean & Chris even had a flipbook photobooth that we partook in. You can check out the flipbook montage here. Congrats Helean & Chris! It was about time, haha! Helean was actually the one that caught my bouquet & ended up getting engaged a year later. The bouquet works ;)

With the newlyweds!

Have you ever been to Hanauma Bay? Would you go now that you've seen how gorgeous it is? :)

22 comments:

  1. It looks like paradise there. I want to get to Hawaii so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanauma Bay looks like an amazing place! The bride is gorgeous and I really like their cake toppers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! What an absolutely magical wedding and honeymoon. This is truly fantastic! You made a gorgeous bride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful and magical wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Hanauma bay. It's so pretty there. I went swimming with sea turtles there when I was there about 8 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful place to have a wedding! Great photos, and it looks like you all had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous wedding and a perfect setting. I loved seeing some of the things they chose. I have never been to a Disney themed wedding before...only birthday party. I think it is really cool that they chose something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the perfect location for a wedding. The bride looked stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful place - perfect for a wedding. That turtle ice sculpture is stunning. The bride and groom picked the perfect place for their big day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I am drooling at how beautiful this is. great place to get married. beautiful wedding too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow now that was an amazing wedding! Looks like you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Everything looks so beautiful especially the waterfalls and the birdie prints.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that is paradise. I would never want to leave! The birdie prints was adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely picture-filled blog post! And congratulations to your friends (the bride looks amazing!).
    I adore the bird print sand photo - a great arty shot xVx

    ReplyDelete
  15. How beautiful. I would have loved to have gotten married there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful place to be at, I'd love to go there! The wedding also looks gorogeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful place to have a wedding. I would so love to pay it a visit myself one day. Totally amazing pics.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful wedding! I've always wanted to go to Hawaii! I'm just not sure about the long plane ride.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so jealous I've never gotten to visit such a wonderful place! The bride and groom looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I definitely envy that wedding! ;) It was so beautiful, and I loved the Disney touches.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a lovely and glorious event for your friend - congrats to them!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Magical bouquet there! Congrats to Helean & Chris! They had a beautiful wedding and reception!

    ReplyDelete