Friday, October 31, 2014

Hanging Out With Sharkie!

Happy Halloween y'all! In honor of Halloween, I bring to you a fun little post featuring my hockey team's mascot, Sharkie! On October 14th, Sharkie announced that he'd be hanging out at the Yogurtland near San Jose State University (my alma mater x2) in the afternoon. I had that Tuesday off so I was ecstatic to go & even happier that my little sister Lonnie got to join as well :)

#Sharkieselfie

I arrived about 15 minutes early & waited for Lonnie to walk over. I saw Sharkie's ride parked outside of Yogurtland so I knew he'd pop in at any minute. Once Lonnie arrived, we headed inside & got our cups of froyo & waited for Sharkie to make his appearance.

Sharkie's ride

We sat at the table closest to the door so when Sharkie walked in, he promptly chomped on Lonnie's head & made a fart sound, haha! We didn't get the autographed hats, but we did get individual photos with our favorite shark along with his autograph :)

Lonnie with Sharkie

Sharkie stuck his finger in my ear lol

Froyo & Sharkie's autograph, awesome!

Sharkie walked around putting random free toppings in people's froyo & just being Sharkie. At one point, he even helped sweep the floor, haha.

He didn't like this selfie, haha

Sharkie helping serve some froyo

Sweep Sharkie!

They had a moment, haha

Sharkie on his phone

I made it onto Sharkie's Facebook page since we had a selfie together on his phone. I'm at the very bottom here ;)

Sharkie's ride on the side

Have you hung out with your favorite mascot before? I bet it was really fun :)

27 comments:

  1. Haha, that is so cool. What a fun mascot he is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha how fun. I love these kind of events.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Sharkie's style. I wonder if he is hot..like not HOT but warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures are hysterical! It looks like you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHA that is cute and really fuuny - so muuch fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's one way to make a first impression, take a bite out of their skull. What a silly day you two had!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool day and I love the way he is biting at your heads in the pictures haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute. I love your pictures. As a fellow hockey fan I can totally appreciate how much fun you must have had!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the pictures with Sharkie! This looks like such a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely the coolest mascot around! We love sharks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mascots are so much fun! It looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That would have been so much fun. I love events like this where you can get up close and personal with the mascots - they usually end up doing crazy/fun things.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha how awesome is Sharkie - he definitely looks like a fun sort of shark to be around.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sharkie is very cute! Looks like you both had fun hanging out together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So fun! He's adorable and such a good sport!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, that's fun! I have never hung out with a mascot before, but it seems like a great thing to add to the bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I lived in a college town for the longest time, so I've done my time with mascots. Hockey is big up here in Michigan so it is really cool to see Sharkie.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I went over and liked the Facebook pic. :) That's funny that he used the broom. The pic of the girl watching him made me laugh. That's what happens in my house too, I sweep and the kids watch. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks like you had a lot of fun! This looks like something we would love to do too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have never really hung out with a mascot like that before. Bernie from the Miami Heat is always surrounded by a crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  21. We got to hang out with the Cleveland Indians mascot, Slider, during a game a few years back and got pictures of the kids. Like your time with Sharkie, it was lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm not sure I would want to take pics with Mr. Sharkie. I am deathly afraid of sharks.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sharkie looks like a lot of fun! Did you say Alma Mater times two? Wow... congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It looks like you guys has a great time! And it's nice to know that Sharkie will even clean up after himself.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have not hung out with a mascot before. It looks like you had a blast. I love the great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on your sharkie selfie famousness! Laughing at sharkie and Lonnie having a moment. haha That was too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  27. lol - looks like you all had a blast with the Sharkie :) Looks like a fun mascot to kick it with as well :)

    ReplyDelete