Monday, October 27, 2014

Last Day in Paradise

Our eighth & last day in paradise was a relaxing one. We were definitely sad that our eight days in paradise passed by so quickly :P

Enjoying Hanauma Bay

We started our last day by waking up early to head to Hanauma Bay one last time. Vinh wanted to partake in as much snorkeling before leaving the beautiful island of Oahu behind. We were the first two down to the beach & had prime pickings in terms of spots for our gear. I had a little school of fish keeping me company along the shore while Vinh swam out closer to the reef :)

Gorgeous Hanauma Bay

Sun's rising up

Such clear waters

Cheese!

Our footprints :P

*click for larger view*

Little bird :)

Snorkeling fun

*click for larger view*

G'bye Hanauma Bay

Fish statue at the visitor center

After a relaxing morning, we headed back to our AirBnB to shower & finish packing so that we could check out on time. We then headed to a sushi place before going to Uncle Clay's House of Pure Aloha again for one last amazing portion of his shaved ice! We didn't get to run into Uncle Clay, but we did bring a piece of aloha with us by purchasing his HOPA bracelet :)

Uncle Clay's shaved ice with homemade mochi

HOPA love!

We decided to hang out at the library nearby since Vinh wanted to do some reading, haha. We then decided that we wanted to eat at Ono Seafood again as our last meal since it was the best poke bowl we've had on the island, yum!

Our first meal was also our last, poke bowl!

We got lost finding Enterprise to return our car, but finally found it after many missed turns, lol. We arrived at the airport as the sun was setting. We were sad to leave paradise, but knew that we had to return to normalcy at some point. Plus, it was great to see our furbabies & that they missed us so :)

Sunset at the airport

Goofing at the airport

Last drinks while waiting for our flight home

Aloha Oahu, until next time!

Hope y'all enjoyed reading about our Oahu adventures in paradise! Are you ready to plan a trip to Oahu now? :)

28 comments:

  1. What an amazing trip you had. I haven't been to Hawaii yet but this makes me want to go more and more. If only I could get my chicken hubby to get on the airplane oh well might have to go without him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual the food and the scenery looks amazing. That sand looks super deep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure does sound like you guys made the most of your trip. I hope to get there someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful and this is the trip of a lifetime. I get to choose next year where my Hubs and I are vacationiong for 2 months. I see all these blog posts of all the wonderful places to visit. OH MAN!!!! I am having such a hard time deciding...... now I want to go here!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh paradise! Looked like a really great trip! Such a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I am ready to plan a trip to Oahu! I've loved following your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You two made the very most of your Hawaiian escape. It was super fun following along and seeing all you did and ate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really have me going with your amazing images and all the great ice cream and shaves you have had!
    Next time you better take me in your suitcase

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys look like you had such an amazing g time in Oahu! I'm definitely ready to head on a sunny vacation there now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet you are sad for this trip to end. It looks like you two had such a great time. It is absolutely beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It must have been hard to leave - what a wonderful last day you had though. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those pictures are breathtaking. I also find it hard to leave a perfect vacation...I reminisce for days afterward. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sad that this was your last day, too! I was enjoying living vicariously through your recent posts LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you had an amazing vacation filled with adventure. I'm definitely ready to visit Hawaii soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks like a amazing place to spend eight days. I would be sad for it to be over as well. Why does the time always fly by when you are on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't think there is a bad view in all of Hawaii. I'm mad now that I didn't try shaved ice when I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like an amazing trip, I love to travel, but have not made it to Hawaii yet. Great photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you had an amazing vacation. I know it must be sad to see it end but at least you have these amazing pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The sand there is so different from the Florida sand here. Still beautiful but different!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is so beautiful! Too bad your trip came to an end. But it looks like you had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  21. It does seem like time flies when you're having fun. Glad you were able to make it and enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a dream trip! I am hoping to get there someday myself, but until then, I've really enjoyed experiencing it through your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That picture of the bay is so beautiful! I love the little birdie! Your trip was just amazing to see in photos. I'm sorry it had to end!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful! It looks like it was relaxing and breath taking!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those are so much fun and the place is just too beautiful! <3 I can definitely fall in love with the place.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow what an amazing place! Looks like you all have had such a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gosh [pal] definitely needs a trip to paradise in the future! How beautiful were the places you got to visit! I would have been sad to leave as well! The food I would miss the fooood and the views. haha :P

    ReplyDelete
  28. If it wasn't for LJ, I wouldn't remember to come here and check out your funnest adventures :) I know it's been so dead, but please do keep on posting, because I am still around!

    I have always wanted to visit Oahu! The pictures I've seen, looks like an absolutely gorgeous place! I am ubberly jealous of your trip! It looks like you two really enjoyed yourselves! Such yummy looking food too!

    ReplyDelete