Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Vacation for Two in Oahu

Sorry for falling off the face of the Earth! Things have been quite busy since coming back from paradise. Speaking of paradise, I shall be posting a Hawaiian vacay series for the next few posts to cover my week over in Oahu. Obviously, I wish summer hasn't ended & that I could stay in paradise longer *sigh* :)

Aloha Hawaii!

You would think that after being together for 12+ years that we would have flown on a plane already, right? Nope. This was our first plane ride together! Our trip started out rough as we couldn't find a ride to the airport so we agreed to have his cousin drop us off at the airport 7 hours early (yup, you read that right!). Thankfully we made it to Oahu safely after around 6 hours of flying!

Selfie on the plane? Yup!

Flying to LAX

What was the first feeling after walking through the connection into the Honolulu Airport? Humidity! It was hot & muggy for sure, but we were happy to be back on land & starting our vacation :)

Aloha from Honolulu International Airport

Tourist much? ;)

We had a fun time figuring out where the Enterprise shuttle bus was to take us to our rental car. We technically could've just walked there, but I was being a lazy bum. They gave us a Nissan instead of a Toyota Corolla since they didn't have any on hand. We didn't complain since it was quite spacey. Highways in Oahu are quite slow compared to California. Everyone is hella chill when they drive that the speed limit sign reads "55 maximum 40 minimum" :P

Driving along the highway to our BnB

Our first meal on the island was at Ono Seafood, our favorite poke bowl! It was hilarious as it is a hole in the wall place & we had to sit outside on a picnic table to eat our poke bowls. We chatted with a local & he thought we were locals as well since this place was a hidden treasure, haha! Vinh & Annie are Hawaiian locals, woot! :)

Miso tuna poke bowl

We checked into our AirBnB place near Hanauma Bay & then we decided to go on a mini roadtrip to see Oahu's southern coastline. It was absolutely gorgeous to say the least! The scenery reminded me of Big Sur in California.

Such blue oceans

Sand between our toes

Selfies at the beach

I promptly got attacked by the ocean after taking the above selfie. My butt was wet & I had no towels in the car so I sat on my jacket, haha. At least it was warm out so my bottom dried out fairly quick :P

Tons of surfers at the beach

*click for larger version*

Crazy breeze blowing my hair

Family photo :P

I can gaze at this scene for days!

We ended our first day in paradise watching the sunset at the dock near our AirBnB with a cookies milkshake with mochi boba, yum!

Sunset

What do you think we did the rest of our vacation? Any guesses? What's on your to do list for Oahu?

28 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to go to Hawaii. It sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like an amazing trip. I have to start planning our trip there. We have been to every state except Hawaii and Alaska so we are saving them for last. With our cross country trip coming up next September It may be awhile before we make it but one day for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'all are so darn cute! I love reading your posts.. True love! i've been with my husband for 19+ and we've never flown on a plane...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a magical time. What a sweet couple you are. And first plane ride after 12 years... that's awesome. It's always great to do "firsts" together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I love your pictures! It looks like you had a great time and you really know how to tell a story. I hope I can go to Hawaii with my hubby some day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hawaii looks absolutely fabulous. I hope that you enjoyed your time there. My husband and I have been together over 20 years and have never flown on a plane together so you aren't the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO beautiful there! I can't wait for you to share more - seems like it was a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh lucky you! The last time we were in Hawaii was on our honeymoon 9 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So far your vacation sounds incredible. I have yet to go to Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How amazing. You guys look like you are having the best vacation ever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow what a gorgeous looking holiday, fantastic pictures and so good to hear you enjoyed it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow I'm so jealous right now I want to go to Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had an amazing time! I've been to Hawaii but still have to get to Oahu.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never been to Hawaii but it looks amazing. It's definitely on our list of must-visit destinations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to go to Hawaii so bad! Thank you for sharing your pics so far. It looks so breathtaking there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I too am jealous I would love to travel to Hawaii. The photos are beautiful looks like a lot of fun was had by the two of you

    ReplyDelete
  17. how wonderful! I would love to visit Hawaii. So beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Beautiful pics and it seems like you had so much fun together! I've been to many places but Hawaii definitely beats them all. It really is a paradise on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Some nice drinks on the beach seem like a good time for me. We're off to Thailand and that's my plan!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well, Oahu for one is on my list! Would love to be sitting on that beach right now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It looks like your first day was a full busy day. It looks so beautiful there and you took great pictures. I love those hole in the wall type of food places. Can't wait to find out what else you did.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Some day... I will get there some day. It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The sand is truly beautiful! It's not like our Florida sand at all.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Seems a lot of fun! I wish I can be there with my lover as well. hihi

    ReplyDelete
  25. That looks absolutely amazing!! I need to take more trips!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Look at those beautiful beaches. I have't been able to do much traveling in life. I hope to change that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Amazing trip A! I bet Kiyore and Kiyora had a wonderful time seeing the sights! Kiyoru wishes he had been there with them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Say WHAT?!?!?!?! 12 Years together and never flown together! Wow. Well you just knocked that one of your to-do list! How crazy!

    Again, seeing these pictures even more jealous! BEAUTIFUL place <3 !!!!

    ReplyDelete