Friday, November 7, 2014

Burnzie's Buzzcut 2014

On Monday, November 3rd, I had the pleasure of being in the top 15 donors for Burnzie's Buzzcut this year. My reward? I got to watch six of the Sharks players get a buzzcut! :P

Brent Burns #88 :)

The private event was held at Sharks Ice in San Jose. I arrived at around 12:20PM & got to watch the Sharks practice until 1PM. After that, they went back to the locker room while the donors & their guests waited in anticipation for the buzzcuts, haha!

Private event signs

Sharks practice in progress

Logan Couture #39 :)

Joe Thornton #19 & Joe Pavelski #8

Buzzcut stations are set!

The players that were involved were: Joe Pavelski, Chris Tierney, Barclay Goodrow, Mirco Mueller, James Sheppard & Brent Burns. All were getting the buzzcuts to support three wonderful causes: the San Francisco Zoo, Defending the Blue Line & the Katie Moore Foundation. They had actual salon professionals help with the buzzcuts this year versus having random Sharks players doing it :P

Some of the players looking at a reptile from the zoo

I was quite happy with my seat as I was basically two rows away from my favorite Sharks player, Joe Pavelski! I was ecstatic that I got to witness his buzzcut right in front of me, haha. Oh that smile ;) He was the first to get the cut along with Goodrow.

Joe Pavelski & his smile ;)

Goodrow & Pavelski


Bye bye gorgeous hair!

Mirco Mueller was up next since he's Burns' defense buddy. He didn't look too pleased getting the cut, lol. James Sheppard lost his Disney prince hair & Chris Tierney took it like a man.

Mueller getting it all shaved off

Sheppard's before

"Can I change my mind?!"

Pavelski with his stylist

Tierney beginnng his cut

Goodrow & Tierney

Goodrow, Burns & Mueller

Finally, it was Brent Burns' turn to get it all shaved off! He took Pavelski's spot so I had a good viewing vantage for his turn as well. I think his was the biggest transformation of them all. He went from a beast to a good looking guy :P

Burns' before


Burns after with the salon crew

Burns & Sheppard

Brodie Brazil reporting for Comcast on the event, haha

I had put Stephen as my guest since Vinh couldn't make it. A shame since Burns was his favorite player. Stephen helped me wear Vinh's jersey to get it signed though so thanks Stephen! I also got my Pavelski jersey signed by Burns along with my white Sharks 2014 draft cap!

Burns & Stephen

I look like a shrimp next to these two lol

My autographed items, yayyy!



Overall, a very fun event for a great cause! Would you ever participate in a good cause like this? Have you met any of your favorite sports players? :)

19 comments:

  1. OMG, is that guy missing his front tooth.....

    Sounds like a great event, but I have a thing about teeth and would have left if I ran into someone missing one right up front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun event. I've only been to one hockey game so I am not very sports knowledgeable but I love an event that has involves a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun event! Those guys are cute before and after!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This must have been so much fun. The player without the teeth is the reason I don't watch hockey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a good time had by all for a good cause. You gotta love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great time at the event. Love that you got to see your favorite player being buzzed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how fun! I bet you were just thrilled! Sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun that look for you. It's always fun to go meet someone you're a big fan of.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You go to a lot of cool events. My husband is a big hockey fan and would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun event! They sure did have a lot of hair before that. Good thing they all look good with buzzcuts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That hockey player must have taken some hits! Seems like a great event.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a super great time and so much fun with meeting your favorite players. I'm glad they participated for a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like such a fun event! And WOW, that guy is TALL!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great event. What a great way to raise money.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome event! Though the guy without the teeth kinda scares me, they all look great with their new cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice buzzcut! Looks like a fun event! I love hockey, it's the only sport I actually enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks like a fun event. I'm laughing at the people mentioning the missing tooth...it's hockey...comes with the territory, and he looks like he's having a great time to me. This was a fun event. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great event. That looks like so much fun. Ahhh...the life of a hockey player missing their teeth! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. You would think that a hockey player would make enough money so he don't hav eto pose in public photo's with out his tooth. I guess they wear toothless grins as a badge of honor. lol I loved watching the guy's get buzz cuts from the hair dressers.

    ReplyDelete