Thursday, November 20, 2014

CMYE: Fit Clubbin' at ClubSport

On November 18th, Vinh & I had the pleasure of attending our second South Bay Yelp's Hot for the Holidays event: Fit Clubbin' at ClubSport! :)

With my tea light after yoga

After work, we got changed into our workout gear & drove on over to ClubSport for an evening of working out with fellow Yelpers. We arrived & checked in with the ClubSport staff including signing up for the classes we wanted to take. We opted for the spinning class followed by the yoga class. But first, we had a mini tour of the facilities before heading off to sweating our butts off :P

Check in

Spin class bikes

Yee :P

Yelp swag as table decorations 

Our first class was spinning for 30 minutes. Both of us were already sweating & feeling our thighs burn just 5 minutes in, haha. I could not get through any song except the one were we turned up the resistance on the bike. Otherwise, the tension was too low for me to keep my foot in the pedals, ugh. I got off the bike & felt that my legs were like putty afterwards.

Spinning class

Immediately after spinning, we headed to our yoga class for 30 minutes. It definitely helped relieve my sore thighs a bit with the stretching & whatnot. It was painful some of the positions though, I won't lie about that :P

Yoga class

After sweating our butts off in both classes, we headed back to the lobby for some refreshments & a photobooth! We opted to go in the photobooth first since there was no line & plenty of props to choose from. So many masks to hide our sweaty faces with, hehe. ClubSport had light bites along with Izze drinks & wine. As tempting as the wine was, I opted for the Izze.

Photobooth fun

Light bites & drinks

It was fun running into old Yelpers like Karen G, Mike P & Kenny P along with meeting new ones like Alison W! Candice also hooked us up with some awesome Yelp swag like the elite towels, earphones & clip-hooks. ClubSport provided each of us with a free 3-day pass to use their facilities as well :)

Swag

Thanks Candice & ClubSport for another fun holiday Yelp event! Healthy & fun :)

Want to know more about Yelp Elite & Yelp community events? Just ask & I'll gladly answer, just be sure to leave your contact info!

25 comments:

  1. What an event. It looks like they have something for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this event is right up my alley! I love yoga!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this would be awesome! I've just become interested in yoga so how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You get to go to some of. The best events With yelp. How wonderful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an awesome time even though the work out was intense. Those are some cute photo booth pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Blood, Yelp, and Tears swag. That's really cute. IT sounds like you got to take some fun exercise classes! I've always wanted to try yoga.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun event and I love YELP. I need to look more into this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like such a fun event. Yoga with candles seems like the perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have used Yelp to do reviews for them but have never been invited to an event. I would love to do a yoga event you got lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your yelp events. Looks like a fantastic night.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your super cool yelp swag! I've never been to a gym before lol the spin class looked fun through with the big screen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like such a fun event even though you both worked hard at it. The photo booth looked like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like so much fun. I bet you felt amazing afterwards. Amber N

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now this is something I would totally try. Looks like you had a lot of fun as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like you had a lot of fun! The gym looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The gym seems to offer something for every one! I would love to try their yoga and spinning classes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this gym looks amazing. I love the swag like totally love it. I want go there.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love these events because you are introduced to a lot of different businesses that you might never have heard of or used and you get to party! Win win situation.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's really awesome! I'm sure it was pretty great to try that place out!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like a fantastic event! Are those SQUARE earbuds?!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would love to do yoga in that atmosphere! So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've never done a spin class, but it does sound fun. I used to see the spinners through the window while I was on the treadmills or stairclimber at the gym. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great atmosphere to do some yoga! I am sure you felt great afterwards

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have taken spin classes before and I can truly understand what you have described. It looks like a great event and food and swags are not bad either.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fun event! That blood yelp and tears is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete