Tuesday, November 11, 2014

CMYE: Hot for the Holidays Launch Event at Snowbomb SF

On November 2nd, I had the pleasure of going to the launch event for Yelp's Hot for the Holidays series: Snowbomb SF! Since Vinh wasn't home due to his monthly Army training, Stephen & Derrick were my guests for the day :)

Derrick, me & Stephen


We arrived at the Presidio in SF. We had a tough time finding the Snowbomb Festival since there wasn't a lot of signage. Eventually, we found the venue at the festival pavilion. We checked in & got our stub for our beer glass as well as code for three lift tickets.

Snowbomb Festival entrance

Inside the festival

While walking through, we quickly found out that most of the booths wouldn't interest us since it was just resorts trying to sell us season passes. We did think the Padawan Center was super cute using Star Wars to teach the kiddos to snowboard :P

Padawan Center

Star Wars cones

We finally found the Yelp booth at the back of the festival, checked in on our app & got our free voucher for the beer. The beer was supposed to be used to do the loudest "cheers" at 2PM, but we weren't going to stick around for it.

Beer time!

Overall, it was an okay event. Not my thing to go try to get the best deal at resorts for snowboarding or skiing. However, kudos to Abby & SF Yelp for allowing us to partake in this event :)

Want to know more about Yelp Elite & Yelp community events? Just ask & I'll gladly answer, just be sure to leave your contact info!

27 comments:

  1. Dont' you hate it when places don't put up signs for their events? Or they are so small that no one can see them.
    It looks like you found it though and had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a really cool event if you are interested in what it has to offer :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like yet another fun event. You guys lead the most exciting lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great way to kick off the holiday season. It looks like you guys had an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These yelp events look like a ton of fun. I love using that app!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It wouldn't be my thing either but it sounds like a great event for skiers and snowboarders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to be skiing soon. I would have enjoyed it a lot. You always have the best events!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that would be a snowbird's heaven! I guess it's all relative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You go to some of the coolest events. I would have loved to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are planing to go Snowboarding this year so we would love to find a good deal. Sorry it was not exactly a good fit for you but still sounds like a great event.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always have the best fun and experiences - cool place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks like so much fun, I really like the Star Wars stuff; the Ewoks are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always go to some really awesome events! This looks like a lot of fun! Great pictures of stuff going on

    ReplyDelete
  14. The beer is my favorite part! ;) Love that you're a Yelp Elite member!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a fun event!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that the one booth used Star Wars. Looks like it was a good event. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like it would be a fun event if you're into skiing and snowboarding. Too bad it wasn't your cup of tea. At least you got a cool souvenir.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have to say, the outside of that pavilion is pretty cool-looking. Hope you have more fun at the next event!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been to so many events where their just wasn't adequate signage. Drives me bonkers. It does look like an interesting event though. Food and beer. Doesn't take much to make me happy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'd be there for the skiing and hubby would go for the beer, so it sounds like it would have been a fun event for us! Love the little Star Wars displays too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have never been to a yelp event I wish they had them near me. Looks like you really enjoyed yourself after you found where you had to go.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun event. The padawans, the skiing (which I've never done) and the beer *mostly the beer* would make it fun enough.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Signage and good directions making arriving to an event so much nicer. Looks like a good event targeted to a specific crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh I hate it when they don't put up good enough signs for events! I'm glad you guys at least had a decent time! Wouldn't be my thing either lol!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That looks like such a fun event. Love your photos. Amber N

    ReplyDelete
  26. Would be nice to attend this event! You get to go to attend so many nice event! Take me with you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm sorry you had an okay time this event. Hopefully the next to event that you attend will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete