Monday, November 17, 2014

CMYE: Juice Jam at the Liquid Menu

On November 11th, Vinh & I had the pleasure of attending our first South Bay Yelp's Hot for the Holidays event: Juice Jam at the Liquid Menu!

Green goo shots with my Yelper ladies

We were welcomed by the owner aka liquid technician, Jay, into his new establishment. Check-in was quick & easy thanks to Candice & Jon S!

Jay walked us through his story of how he ended up juicing & creating The Liquid Menu. Through tried recipes or "shove it in there," Jay wants to promote more healthful options for us. Almost everything is organic, but of course it varies depending on availability.

Yelp swag & menu for the evening

Mini mango tarts

Jay explaining each item

I learned that fruits are for energizing while veggies build & repair. We got to try 4 different juices & a mini mango tart: H2O 1 (mango, lemon & nuts), watermelon juice with skin, green goo aka balancer & purple haze aka flusher.

H2O I juice


Watermelon with skin juice

Activated charcoal?!

You'd be a champ to down all of the green goo, just sayin'! It was a sticky, weird texture & is only for the hardcore :P

Green goo

Purple haze juice

Vinh & I

Got some exclusive new swag during the night, earbuds or ice cube tray. Luckily, I had Vinh so I got to add both to my Yelp swag collection :)

Yelp swag

Overall, a great & healthy event. Thanks Jay, Candice & Jon for another wonderful event to start off the holiday season :)

Want to know more about Yelp Elite & Yelp community events? Just ask & I'll gladly answer, just be sure to leave your contact info!

26 comments:

  1. Wow what a great event! Don't think I would have gone for the green go either though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's my kind of event! Healthy and fun. Win/Win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like another fun event! You guys do so many fun things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I need to get into juicing more, but why bother when there are places like this that do it for you?! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a cool event,one I would love to go to. I love the little sample cups.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that looks like it was fun. Love trying new things. You two are always doing such co stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lot of juice places like this are opening up in our area. Some of their juices are definitely not for the faint of heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a fun event. I am not a fan of juicing but it would still be fun to try some.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That would be fun to try all those juice concoctions. Well, maybe not the sticky green one....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would try that purple haze. IT seems like a fun blend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, I would love to try all those different juices. Looks like a really fun event!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! Those mini mango tarts are calling my name! They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looked like a really fun event and I would have had fun trying those drinks, well maybe not green. I'm not a fan of green. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cool concept and a fun event! I definitely want to try a liquid menu!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never seen anything like that or tasted for that matter but I would love to try them. You get to experience the coolest things with Yelp.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is interesting. I don't really juice much but I actually wouldn't mind trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great event! I'd like to try the Watermelon with skin juice, but not sure about the green goo :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have not tried juicing before. I don't know if i could try the green one. What a fun event.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds like such a fun event. I love juicing wish I could do it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fun! We have this awesome juice bar inside our farmers market. Its so tasty. We have a juicer, but it just seems so much better when someone else makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That looks like so much fun. Except for the green stuff, not sure tasting that would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun event. I like that it had a healthy spin to it. Those juices seem like they have many benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh nice! You scored some really nice stuff. Each time I read your post it makes me want to join Yelp. I just don't have time at right now but I hope soon! Would love to to an event like this!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Not my liquid of choice for the holidays, but maybe I should branch out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This would be a fun trip. I didn't know you could juice the skin of the watermelon. I wonder if it has nutrients?

    ReplyDelete
  26. I would love to try something like this! I have to see if there is a place like this in my area!

    ReplyDelete