Monday, November 24, 2014

Reading is Cool Book Drive & Alex Stalock

Last Friday, November 21st, I had the luxury of getting off work early to go donate to Comerica Bank's Reading is Cool book drive in conjunction with the San Jose Sharks. Not only did I get to help with an awesome cause, there was a meet & greet with my favorite goalie & mascot: Alex Stalock & Sharkie! :)

Myself with Alex Stalock :)

I got off work, rushed home to change into my gear & pick up the hubs to head over to the Comerica Bank in Los Gatos. We arrived just as they were starting the book drive so we got in line & got our numbers, basically guaranteeing us entrance for the meet & greets.

Cute meet & greet sign outside

#83 & #84

It didn't take us too long to get into the bank to donate money to the book drive (we didn't have any kiddie books) as well as meet our favorite goalie! He's currently out on an injury, but he said that he's ready to get back to playing real soon *crosses fingers* Stalock was a very nice & down to Earth kind of guy. I cannot wait for him to get back in the games since we really need him!

Vinh with Stalock

We both got Sharkie to sign our jerseys & hat before heading to the light refreshments table. I ended up taking the magnets for our fridge, haha. Blue lemonade was good as well :)

Refreshment table

I am quite happy with the new addition of my Stalock & Sharkie autographs on my Sharks gear! Here's to adding more in the future including my main man Pavelski *crosses fingers*

New autographs on the front & hat

Sharkie's signature on the back

Do you get all giddy when getting an autograph from someone? Is there someone you really want to meet & get their autograph right now?

35 comments:

  1. When I met Donnie Wahlberg I almost cried, so yes - I know exactly how you felt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only met a few people over the years and honestly I had no idea who they were when I was introduced and a couple were a bit offended when they had to explain that they were in a big band. That is the price I pay for rarely watching television.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun event for you and your spouse. I'd love to take my hubby to meet someone he's a fan of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to get autographs in the local parade we had in my hometown. I haven't had any since then though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you're so lucky, thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice autograph. Your jerseys are so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love their sign and the sweet colored drink they served. Looks like fun. Sounds like it's for a great cause too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like another great Sharks event! Love the blue lemonade!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've met a few people in my life for an autograph. I never really got star strucked. I have had to interview people for my freelance work, too. I am sure though, if it were someone on the top of my meet and greet list I might be a babbling fool upon meeting them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The only person I ever wanted to meet was Nick Carter since I was 11. 15 years later I met him and I couldn't even speak let alone be giddy lol! It was AMAZING and so surreal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. how exciting! I would feel that way if I met the Bird from the Miami Heat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never gotten an autograph from someone but I have gotten giddy from seeing someone somewhat famous. It's silly but I could not help it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun event! How great that you got to meet your favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAha what a great event! I love SHARKIE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How awesome to participate in a good cause and meet your favorite goalie. I bet getting off work early was a plus too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My husband was able to get an autograph for me recently. I would love to meet the guy personally though, even though I probably wouldn't know what to say!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I used to work in a hair salon that catered to big stars often we had hockey players in there but for a different team Toronto Maple leafs. I love hockey you are one lucky lady.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cool! I would like to meet the authors of my favorite books! I have a quite few though haha, I'm not sure which one I would like to meet most. I might just have to have them all come!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That sounds like a great time with the end results being that some lucky people out there are going to be able to read some good books. I don't collect autographs but would love to run into Aaron Rodgers some day or any of the Packers for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  20. THis looks like such a great time and for such a worthy cause! I love that idea for a book drive! Who's autograph would I like to get....that's such a hard question. I would say Nora Roberts or John Grisham or James Patterson! There are lots of author's that I would love to meet first hand!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww, that's nice that you got to meet him. I'd like to get Harry Connick Jr.'s autograph...cuz that'd mean he'd be right there in front of me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like you had a great time meeting your favorite player! The book drive idea is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun and great event for you with your spouse. Your jersey color looks adorable. And I Love the blue lemonade!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gosh I've not met anyone famous since I was a teen and back then I would get very giddy - what an excitement :) x

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful time you had. My husband would have loved to attend. And yes I get giddy when asking for an autograph

    ReplyDelete
  26. I haven't gotten an autograph in forever. It looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have never asked anyone for a autograph. I would love to get Peter Jackson's autograph.

    ReplyDelete
  28. There have only been a few folks that got me giddy, but otherwise I'm not really star struck per say. A few of my friends have achieved some level of stardom, so I guess I see them as regular folks too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is such a great way to get kids excited about reading. If their favorite celebrities and athletes read, they will too.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yes I always get giddy when I get an autograph from someone I admire. It sounds like you had a great time at this event.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is awesome. I am happy that you got to meet your fav goalie and help out a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is an amazing cause and an amazing experience for you!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh that's so awesome and such a great cause as well! Glad you had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. How fun! Its always exciting to meet a celebrity!

    ReplyDelete
  35. You and your hubby get to so such cool things! Looks like fun for a great purpose

    ReplyDelete