Thursday, November 6, 2014

Sharks Movember Event

On November 1st, I had the pleasure of taking my sisters to their first real regular season hockey game. I took advantage of the Movember special event tickets which scored us awesome teal mustache sunglasses :)

Sisters meeting Sharkie!

We arrived early & stood in the bag line before finally being let into SAP Center. We walked around looking for the Movember booth to redeem our mustache sunglasses. Shortly after, we went in search of garlic fries & beer. Mission completed for that one & as we were heading to our seats, we met a Shark face to face ;)

Funny take, haha

Since we were there so early, we headed down to front row to take photos with our sunglasses, bahahaa :P

Helen & garlic fries

Lonnie & garlic fries

Me with beer

We had a blast watching warmups as well as the game! They had a special ceremony at the beginning honoring Scott Hannan for his 1,000th NHL game milestone. He got quite a few awards/gifts. We then went on to win 3-1 against the Islanders, woot! :D

Warmups

Scott Hannan receiving a surfboard

Scott Hannan with his oil painting

Sharkie messing with people during the game

Sharkie with the W flag on the ice

Nothing like a great game with family, right? Has your family gone on to a sports event together? :)

21 comments:

  1. I have never been to a hockey game, but it looks like a lot of fun. I usually stick to football, but I'd be willing to branch out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun night out and I love the mascot! Glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, what a lot of fun. Hockey is really popular up here in Michigan. I have been to a few games. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun night! We used to have a hockey team in our city and it was always a blast to attend one of their games.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! You look really great with a stash! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the frame prop! So cute. Looks like a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! You have such wonderful spirit! Looks like you always have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had so much fun. You always do. Yes! We love Packer football and try and go to some of those games as a family when we can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My youngest is asking to go with you the next time. He is 5 but swears he is not afraid of sharks! I would not mind going to watch the game.

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha love the mustache pics! That looks like you had a wonderful fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds really fun. I like the mustache hanging from the glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I love watching hockey games!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's been years since I been to a hockey game. I am Canadian it's kinda in my blood. I am not a sharks fan but It looks like you had a ton of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never gone to a hockey game. It looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to see a hockey game for once in my life. Looks like fun

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like such a fun time! I love the Shark mascot :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahah Movember and Sharks looks like great fun! My sister and I went to see WWE a few years back but I've never really been to a sport event!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the mustache glasses, too cute! The garlic fries look really good too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like you had a really fun time. I'm not a hockey fan and don't think I'll ever go to a game.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hockey games are so much fun. Love the mustache as well! Amber N

    ReplyDelete
  21. Seems an awesome and fun night! haha! Those photos says a lot on how it really went! <3

    ReplyDelete