Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend! It was the first time in about three years that I had Thanksgiving & Black Friday off, it was absolutely glorious! :)

Family photo :)


Wednesday ended with homemade pumpkin pie with vanilla ice cream by our program manager to send us off to our 4-day weekend. Afterwards, Vinh & I headed to the Sharks vs Calgary game. Nothing better than starting the holiday weekend with some hockey...if we had won, lol. At least I had a Sharkarita for the first time & it was yummy :P

Homemade pumpkin pie with vanilla ice cream

My first Sharkarita

Enjoying my drink during warmups

Sharkie all lit up at the beginning of the game

Sharkie just a row below us :)

We enjoyed Thanksgiving Day with my parents & sisters for family bonding time. We even took our furbabies down to spend time with their aunties who spoil them to death :P

One family outtake :P

Chinese food from mama :)

I actually did some shopping at midnight on Black Friday & survived. I headed to Uniqlo, Sharks Store as well as some online shopping for some cute shirts. I think my Xmas shopping is about complete, woot! I headed home & set up the xmas tree to Libby's curiosity. She proceeded chew on the plastic leaves for a little. Then I strung up the lights & she proceeded to try to taste the lights before realizing that it wasn't a good idea :P

Libby curious about her first xmas tree

Daddy & Libby exploring the xmas tree

Nom nom lights

Derp, I'm cute! :P

Saturday was spent shopping at the Great Mall, having dinner with my family & watching the Sharks vs Ducks game on TV (they whooped them 6-4!).

Sharks won, baby!

We finished our 4-day weekend with a rainy day in mostly. We finished hanging up the ornaments while Libby helped inbetween watching the pouring rain. We rewarded ourselves by having brunch at Bill's Cafe :)

Amused by the pouring rain

Kitty & tinsel :P

Denedicts & mimosas

How was your Thanksgiving weekend? Did you spend it with loved ones? Got your xmas shopping done? :P

26 comments:

  1. bahaha Libby is too funny! Her face when she was wrapped in tinsel she could be the next grumpy cat. I'm glad your survived your black Friday experience and made it out with some awesome deals! And your mom's homecooked food looks so yummy! I want some! :) Can't wait to see your tree finished! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you had a nice long weekend and a happy Thanksgiving. I love your tree 😄

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures always make me feel like I am part of the fun. Great blog post, glad you enjoyed your time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys look like you had such a fun weekend! I got a little bit of shopping done, mostly car shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a fantastic weekend. I didn't do much overall. I did some online shopping but we didn't go out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had fun. I haven't started my tree yet. I'm hoping to this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pup and cat are so lovable. Your weekend was so much cooler than mine! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't even venture out for Black Friday shopping.You are very brave

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man. Your pie picture is making me wish I had more pumpkin pie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys always have a great time! We skipped shopping and took the kids to see Big Hero 6.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that was some feast. it was a great fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a busy weekend! I was drooling by the time you got to the food! lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pictures! It looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving, and can't wait to follow the rest of your holiday adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad that you finally got the time off. It must have been nice to be able to enjoy the holiday without having to go to work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the kitties! What a fun weekend and look at all that food!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your fur babies are so cute, I love that they were able to go with you for the holiday. We and a great Thanksgiving this year with our family as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is the first year I haven't cooked in 23 years! I went to my family's house to celebrate after spending a few hours at the NICU visiting my new grandbabies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks like your cats love your tree! :) You had a great Thanksgiving this year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cats! I have never heard of a Shark-a-Rita sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay for having the days off, always nice to spend such times with those you love, your kitties are so cute! <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your little pets, they are the most adorable things ever!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's great you finally got those days off! And it looks like you took full advantage too! Though I don't think Kitty looks too happy with the tinsel scarf ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fantastic Thanksgiving weekend you had. Your fur babies are adorable. The food looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy to hear that you had a happy weekend and happy thanksgiving as well. All these pictures looks so pretty. The cat looks so cute as well. Happy holidays to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Our Thanksgiving weekend was great. Love the photos and it's good that you got both days off.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks like you had a great holiday. Love the photos. Amber N

    ReplyDelete