Sunday, January 4, 2015

Winterize Your Nails

I had a lovely surprise in my inbox from Abbey over at Julep to participate in. I do have a collection of Julep nail polishes so I was ecstatic to take up Abbey's offer on how I would winterize my nails. I think this goes perfectly well with the resolution of taking care of one's self, don't you?

Sharks themed manicure :)

First thing I do before I even bother with the actual nail care portion is to pick a color to do your manicure with! Julep has a plethora of nail polish colors to choose from (it's hard to choose just one!). If you're having a difficult time choosing a color, take a look below at Julep's trending winter nail colors. Personally, I love the look of Kiki :)

Trending colors this winter!

Next, I would trim & shape my nails to the desired length & shape that I want. Lately, I have been doing shorter & more square. I think it looks more sophisticated, hehe. I am horrible at getting rid of my cuticles & pushing them since I cringe at the thought of doing it. I let my nail lady do that for me, haha. Here's a step by step by Julep on how to take care of your nails & winterize:

Julep's nail care step by step!

Of course, if you are ever lazy like me sometimes & just want to be pampered, head to your local nail salon for a new mani! You can always bring in your favorite Julep winter nail color in for them to use as well. Happy winterizing :)

DISCLOSURE: Reviewer has not been compensated in any way by Julep. All opinions expressed here are strictly my own and were not influenced in any way.

29 comments:

  1. What a great idea to bring the Julep nails to the nail salon. These are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My nails are acrylic and I get them done at the salon. I am there every 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are cute nails. I tend not to paint mine because I haven't found one that doesn't chip easily that is affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some beautiful winter colors. I love getting my nails done no matter what season it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Julep. I just got my most recent box and I believe Kiki was in that box. These are great colors. (I'm currently sporting Jamberry, but will be removing those this week and going back to Julep colors.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tips from Julep! They have some fantastic nail polish, that's for sure! Love your manicure, and on a side note, I think we have the same wedding band! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those nails. I usually just get paint and no decor but I like it when tastefully done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What some great tips - I absolutely adore your nails as well, love the colour and accents :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those nails they look really nice great colour for this time of year,I do not really do my nails that often unless my daughter offers to paint them and she always steals all my nail varnish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow. I've never thought of winterizing my nails before. Thanks so much for sharing this great info!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Winterizing your nail, I love the concept! Will make sure I take care of them this week

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cant wear nail polish. I have tried so many in my years and they all peal no matter how I prep my nails. I have learned to just be happy with natural nails.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never winterize my nails & they always break like something awful in the winter months. Maybe I should hit up Julep & give my nails a chance this year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always get gel manicures. It's the only way my manicure lasts and my polish does not chip.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are my absolute favorite colours! I love the shark's theme. It would look great in all seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are great colors. Wow! My nails need to be done for sure. Amber N

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your nails look so great! I love those really saturated colors

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Julep. They have so many pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your nails are absolutely beautiful. I just love them. I wish mine looked that awesome. I need to put some more effort into them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I get acrylic nails done every 2 weeks. I pay good money to have my nails done. My hubby loves them because I'm the designated back scratcher.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My nails are awful. I bite them when stressed. It's a mess. This sounds great though. Your nails are amazing and they look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I admit, I slack off on my nails in the winter. However, when summer rolls around, I want them to be pretty all the time since I am out and about more. I love the colors Julep has!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm semi addicted to Julep! Love the color choices you selected!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So many different colors, I could really winterize my own nails; I just wouldn't know which color I'd choose to use first!

    ReplyDelete
  25. My nails totally need winterizing! Thanks for showing me how!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've never tried Julep nail polish before, but would love to someday. Your nails look gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this great way to Winterize your nails.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You did great with the challenge. Your nails look absolutely fantastic. I've heard Julep is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love painting my nails all year long. I keep up with my manicure pretty well but I am in desperate need of a pedi! ooops....

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am so sure this is something I can't do myself - too wonderful and beautiful, I love it!

    ReplyDelete