Monday, February 16, 2015

Valentine's Day 2015

I hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day weekend! My Valentine's Day was certainly different from most, I think, but that's how I like it :)

My forever Valentine :)

Vinh & I started our day volunteering at the Heritage Rose Garden by helping them prune their roses. As I was looking up directions to get there, I missed the last step & fell forward & sprained my left ankle, joy... Vinh cracked a joke saying that I fell head over heels for him, lol! Anyhoo, it didn't hurt enough that I couldn't continue forwards with volunteering.

Swollen left ankle

Vinh cutting off dead portions

First pruning: success!

Vinh loved his big loppers, hah!

We kept a rose that we had to chop off

After having a quick lunch at Subway, we headed over to Sharks Ice so that Vinh can watch our team practice for the first time. I got to add to my autograph collection on my jersey, yay!

Sharks practice

Pavelski with little Pavelski :)

Thornton with his daughter & Burnzie's daughter

Dillon signing my jersey

Hello Dillon...with Hannan in the background!

Ninja Hertl, yay!

New autographs on my hat: Pavelski #8 & Desjardins #10! Pavelski had a hat trick the night before so it was perfect that he was signing my hat :)

More added to the hat :)

New autographs on my jersey: Dillon #4 & Hertl #48!

Gotta keep adding to my jersey now :)

After freezing in the ice rink, we headed back home to freshen up before taking our furbabies down to visit their aunties & grandparents. Overall, a productive & fun day with the ones I loved!

Do you celebrate Valentine's Day? If so, what did you do? If not, I hope you enjoyed your day nonetheless! :)

34 comments:

  1. You had a great day - minus the sprained ankle!! We laid low. I've been sick the past week, so we needed some downtime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do not really celebrate Valentine's Day but we did go RV'ing as a family and really enjoyed the day. It did seem like just another day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely sounding day (bar the ankle owch! I hope it is feeling better soon) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. that rose is adorable! sorry about your ankle. seems like overall it was a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a wonderful Valentine's Day and it looks like you guys did too. Spending time together is always so important.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well this sounds like an awesome Valentine's Day! Too bad about the ankle! I'm glad you got to have fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about your ankle. I am getting over a torn calf muscle, so I totally get it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear that you sprained your ankle. That's never fun! I hope the autographs made up for it a little.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you had such an amazing Valentine's Day; I hope the ankle gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun day it looks like you had. Good for you! Amber N

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad to hear you had such an amazing time. You all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had a great day! Hope your ankle feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a wonderful Valentine's Day and weekend! I'm glad to hear it. I hope your ankle is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We laid tile in our basement, so it wasn't a very romantic day for us. Sorry your got hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How awesome! Sounds like a great Valentine's day! My husband worked so I spent it with my kids, we exchanged gifts and cards after and Watched a movie):)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you spent it doing things you love with the man you love. It doesn't get much better than that......at least not until you have children :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you had a fun day even with the ankle sprain. I hope that it is healing well. We just had a lazy day around the house but those are the best kind.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey, you got a signed jersey, woot! :) I like the roses... my 2nd oldest used to prune ours when we lived in a warm state. They always came out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad you had a great day and I hope your ankle is feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You guys are certainly on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like it started off quiet, that is so cool that you play ice hockey! My husband played in college.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like you had a very interesting Valentines Day and I'm so sorry about your ankle. Here's hoping it's better.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so sorry about ankle. I love how you are volunteering and helping others

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gosh I can see that your ankle is swollen - hoping it heals quickly - and loved the variety of fun you had - what a big day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hope your ankle is feeling better! I love how you spent the day.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This sounds like a fantastic way to spend Valentines day. I hope your ankle feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Volunteering sounds like a great way to spend Valentine's Day and spread some love.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You guys always look like you are having the time of your life! I love that you get to go to so many hocky games, too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. We didn't do anything. I wish we did something. My husband grilled me steak, which normally I like, but I just wasn't in the mood because of other things.

    ReplyDelete
  30. By the looks of it, I say you had a pretty sweet Valentine's Day. We are not big on Valentine's day so we stayed in and had steaks lol

    ReplyDelete
  31. This sounds like a fun Valentines Day! We didnlt do much - I think we went shopping at Kohls!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a busy Valentines Day! I hope your ankle feels better :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. We celebrated Valentine's day with dinner and a movie at mom's. This was the first without my dad so we wanted to make sure she was okay.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congrats on all your autographs A! That would be so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete