Wednesday, March 4, 2015

CMYE: Cinequest VIP Soiree & Film Screening

I was fortunate a few years ago to attend a VIP soiree put on by Cinequest & I am lucky enough to be able to redo the same thing last Wednesday February 11th! We had the soiree at Cafe Stritch & then had the film screening just across the street at California Theatre :)

Light bites & adult beverages :)

Vinh picked me up from work & off we went to find parking before walking two blocks to Cafe Stritch. We were relieved to see that the California Theatre was right across the street from where the VIP soiree was being held. Upon entering, we didn't see any Yelp personnel. However, upon hearing that we were a part of Yelp, the check in was quite pleasant & we were welcomed with open arms.

California Theatre

VIP soiree sign

We were fed quite well with an assortment of finger foods & plenty of adult beverages. We even got to keep the special Cinequest Stella Artois glasses that we drank out of. I was lucky enough to get one of these glasses that said Cinequest on the back as not all the glasses had them :)

Salad

Mushroom bruschetta

Veggie wrap

We even ran into a few Yelpers we knew like Jon, Siobahn & Alison. Always great to see a familiar face in a sea of film enthusiasts. We wanted to make up a fake Yelp movie that we all made to fit in with the crowd, haha :P

Room of film enthusiasts

Our complimentary film tickets

Don't mind my Asian glow...

We got to watch a film called Wild Things that was made in Argentina, I believe. It was a humorous take on revenge as seen through six short stories. I loved that I got to end the night laughing my butt off. I totally recommend seeing this if you get the chance!

Inside the California Theatre


I loved that we got parking validation & got our parking free for the whole time! Score :D

Parking validation

Thanks to Candice for the free tickets & to the crew at Cinequest, Cafe Stritch & California Theatre for a lovely Wednesday evening out :)

Want to know more about Yelp Elite & Yelp community events? Just ask & I'll gladly answer, just be sure to leave your contact info!

23 comments:

  1. I have a question, What exactly is yelp is it just something in California or is it nationwide?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nationwide.. or in the US. Restaurant review site. I just applied to be a Yelper since Mr and Mrs look like they have so much fun it but I did not quite qualify. It takes a lot of work.

      Delete
  2. What a great event! The food looked amazing and I'd be super happy to get free parking as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like an awesome event. You guys do the coolest things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great event and all the food looked good. I use Yelp for restaurant reviews before trying a new place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great event! I would have loved to go to that theater it looks so vintage from the outside

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a really fun time! You get to do the coolest things through Yelp.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great event. You always look like you attend the best events and have such a great time, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to celebrate the release of a new film! The event sounds like it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Y'all always get to go to the best parties! Everything looks amazing, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great event. Food and a movie. Doesn't get much better than that! That food really looked tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope I get to see that movie you mentioned. I love when they're super funny like that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the food in your photos. Looks like it was a great event. Gotta love a night out with food, drink and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You guys have the best social life. Looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like you guys had a great time! I want to do something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - what an adventure and I loved your Asian Glow! I've heard of Yelp of course - but didn't know about any of this - Congrats on being chosen!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a great event & I am sure you had lots of fun with the best party around. I have heard of yelp a bit & these foods are really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun event! The food looks amazing. I’d love to go to something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to go to the Film Festival they have here in the northern part of the state. It would be so much fun. Looks like you had fun. Loving all that food.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would love to go there. What a fun event!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That looks like so much fun! I always love hearing about the events you attend. One of these days I'm going to apply to be a Yelp Elite member!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This would be a great evening out. The food looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like a fun yelp event and evening! The food and drinks looked delicious as always!

    ReplyDelete