Monday, March 16, 2015

Week of Pi

It seems that I have disappeared minus that one post last Monday! I have been a busy bee with being the solo occupational therapist at work. That'll continue for another two weeks as my colleague's taking family leave. All I can say is send positive thoughts his way! Anyhoo, here's the happenings that have occurred during the past week of pi :)

March 11th was National Registered Dietitian (RD) Day. Being that the hubs was a RD & all, I let him pick what he wanted to do for the evening...which included boba :P

Happy RD on RD day :)

Of course, Darla spent time with her daddy RD as well :P

Don't know how comfy that position is...

The following day on the 12th, we attended the Sharks vs Nashville Predators game. They were selling St. Patrick's Day mystery pucks so I got one. I ended up buying the puck of the player who scored the first goal of the night. It was also the first time I debuted my new jersey at a game & we won 2-0, yayyy!

Ninja Hertl's puck

Yee!

Us in front of the rink

Love that W flag, 2-0!

On Pi Day (3.14.15), I brought the furbabies over to visit their grandparents & aunties. We ended up going to Ranch 99 to partake in the free Pocky balloon promo, hehe. I watched the Sharks lose miserably to the Blackhawks in their matinee game, ugh... Soon after the Sharks lost, Libby wobbled to the hallway & promptly vomited. Obviously, I wasn't too thrilled about cleaning up her mess, but at least she didn't have any more problems after that. Poor thing! After letting her rest in her crate, she felt better. Vinh & I went to buy a cream cheese pie afterwards to share with everyone to celebrate the day :)

Eyeing auntie's food

All cuddling with mom :)

Poor Libby recovering & resting

Pocky unite!

All three colors acquired :)

Cream cheese pie

Sunday the 15th was a day to relax at home. The weather has been really warm for this time of year. We were in the high 70s to low 80s. I know, sorry to rub it in to all the snowy states!

Libby chillin' on the window sil

How was everyone's Pi weekend? Did you do anything special to celebrate this once in a century occurrence? Or was it just another weekend? :)

26 comments:

  1. It was actually really warm here, too. We almost hit 50 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Miami, so we always have warm weather :-) That pie looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pi snuck up on me this year! Last year there were messages in the sky in Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally forgot about Pi day. I should have actually made or bought some pie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cream cheese pie looks delicious. Looks like you have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a great weekend ( even if your team did beat my home team ha!) I made a yummy chess pie for Pi Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was nice and warm here too finally! Pi day seems like such fun! That pie, looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know a lot of mathletes who are into Pi day. Sounds like you are having a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We forgot all about Pi Day. Your pie looks really tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had a busy week! We celebrated Pi Day with a delicious banana cream pie. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey that hockey puck is really cool! Pi day totally passed me by! I would have remembered had I known it was customary to celebrate with pie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never knew about the week of pi. Sounds like a lot of fun though! Amber N

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty cat. Looks sweet

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are having really hot weather here in Southern Cal...95 three or four days in a row now. I love your fur babies. They are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pie looks yummy. We had an apple pie but just a virtual one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pi week in images - looks fun and busy - yes we had a great family dinner at Knott's Berry farm - my son meeting cousins and Aunts he'd never met! Thank you for asking - and great to have you back with us!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks like you had a great Pi Weekend - I had no idea it was even on till after!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks you had a blast on PI DAY. I love that Hockey pock

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you had a lot of fun on Pi day. We did not celebrate. It was a normal weekend at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I forgot about pi day. I want pie now. Lol cute kitty- I had one just like him.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have missed your fun posts. Hopefully things will get back to normal for you at work

    ReplyDelete
  22. I had a great Pi weekend. We went out to eat and watched both of our sons play in their basketball games.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It looks like you had a great week! Sadly I didn't get to enjoy any pie on pi day.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like a fun week. I didn't realize until after the fact that it was Pi day. Sounds pretty cool though.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such beautiful pets!! Busy is good, right? And I didn't celebrate PiDay with pie. :(

    ReplyDelete
  26. Pretty sure your dog is actually a cat. :P That's exactly what my kitties like to do! Even when there's no space on the chair!

    Such an epic pi day! Alas that only one day per year dedicated to math...

    ReplyDelete