Wednesday, April 22, 2015

SF Giants 2014 World Series Ring Ceremony

I was one of 40,000+ San Francisco Giants fans that got to partake in the 2014 World Series Ring Ceremony held at AT&T Park during the Diamondbacks game on April 19th! It was definitely a once in a lifetime experience :)

Vinh & I in front of the ring ceremony

Vinh & I arrived into San Francisco around 2:30ish & found parking for $20. We walked 2 blocks towards AT&T Park to find that there was a huge line already. I had Vinh stand in line while I went into the Dugout store to buy the new black jersey for myself. I got it customized to Lincecum #55 for $15 extra & it was done in 30 minutes, not bad :P

Long line to the entrance...

Hunter Pence, yes yes yes!

Willie Mays Gate

We finally got through the front gates 30 minutes after they opened. Longest wait in line ever for AT&T Park! I was most ecstatic to get my 2014 World Series replica ring! It was the first real World Series that I fully watched so I wanted something to encapsulate all the anticipation & excitement that went along with our Orange October experience.

Let's open the replica ring box!

Pretty nice for a replica, huh?

Side views of the replica ring

It was a gorgeous day out for a Ring Ceremony for our guys. I loved that Tiffany & Co. were the ones that made the real rings. You can watch the whole Ring Ceremony here. It was definitely pretty flashy with the parachute guys delivering the first two rings! Golden stars were carried out & each one represented a year we wont the World Series. There was also fireworks & streamers a'plenty at the end :)

AT&T Park all set up for the ceremony

Jumbotron

World Champs logo at home plate

Them Lexus cars driving in the officials

Bling bling time

Parachute guy delivering the first ring!


Here he comes...

Missed the mark, haha

Last guy carrying our championship banner

Each star represented each of our World Series wins

The whole field for the ceremony

Fireworks & a huge flag during the National Anthem

*click for larger photo* Panorama during the National Anthem

Fireworks, streamers & partying to end the ring ceremony

The Giants ended their 8-game losing streak after receiving their rings. We won 4-1 against the Diamondbacks with Heston pitching one heck of a game! I'm so glad we got to witness the Ring Ceremony & a win all at once. Definitely a night to remember :)

*click for larger photo* Sun starting to set...

*click for larger photo* Getting darker...

*click for larger photo* Darker...

*click for larger photo* All dark!

Giants win 4-1!

Last blurry selfie before heading home!

Have you ever attended a Ring Ceremony for your favorite team? If so, wasn't it awesome?! If not, would you attend if your team won the championship? :)

17 comments:

  1. You really got to capture some beautiful images of this event. It looks like it was very ceremonial and exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when you went to this. Your pictures are adorable. Sounds like a memory you will cherish for along time. A World Series is a big moment for a favorite baseball team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow what an amazing event - I've never really heard about the ring ceremony before so great to see photos and read more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Your photos are amazing what an experience that would be! I'm not really a baseball fan but even I would have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a baseball fan but have a lot of fun at the ballpark. You guys seemed to have had an awesome day all around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that looks like an amazing time! Those rings are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never been to one, but I'd definitely go to a Cubs one. My hubby is quite a fan! Your ring is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun and a great view! You do attend some great events.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never attended but I know my husband would love to attend one for the Chicago Cubs. I hope they bring home the ring this year for his sake. Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like so much fun! I would love to attend this for the Yankees!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That had to be so much fun. What a neat experience for the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a lot of fun. Such a wonderful experience this is.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like you had so much fun. I have been once to a game and I loved it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a lot of fun! I am not big on base ball but I could take in a live game

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dude, this is the best post ever! The MAF Fam are huge baseball fans,and I totally called the kids over to read this post (they LOVED it btw). How amazing! Thank you for sharing this once in a lifetime event with us and how even more amazing that you actually got to be there! Hopefully it will be our team one of these times!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a wonderful event. I have never heard about the ring ceremony before. The pictures you have captured has really come out very well. I am sure you had a great time with full of fun. Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow how exciting is this to go to! I miss going to baseball games, it's such a fun American Pasttime :)

    ReplyDelete