Monday, April 13, 2015

Sharks, Wedding & Other Fun!

This past week has been a pretty busy one for this gal! Luckily, my coworker is back from his family leave & work has been a teensy bit less stressful for me, yay! This week, the Sharks had their last home game, I attended a wedding & I spent a beautiful afternoon in Monterey :)

With my yummy chicken pueblo nachos :)


The Sharks hosted their Fan Appreciation Night on April 6th during their last home game. They gave out hella prizes, but we didn't win any of them. Better luck next year, right? :)

One last practice at the Shark Tank

One last selfie

Skating through the shark head

Unfortunately, we lost 1-5 to the Dallas Stars *sigh* At least my favorite player happened to win player of the year & fan favorite player of the year, yay! He gave a speech basically saying that they wanted to win for us so badly, but that they didn't live up to it so they're just as upset as we were tonight. He did thank us for supporting them all season & that they'll play hard next season. Go Pavs! :)

Pavs for Captain!

On April 10th, I had the day off to attend Samantha & Kevin's wedding! I've known Samantha since the second day of college orientation so she's my longest college friend. She has been the most supportive friend through my OT program, to getting my Masters degree, to my getting married in 2012. Now it's my turn to support her on her happiest day! She was so happy to have us there & I couldn't be any happier for her :)

Entering San Francisco City Hall

Heading towards the staircase

Saying their "I do" amidst major giggling :P

Cheesin' with the bride

After the ceremony at SF City Hall, they held their reception at Kingfish Restaurant in San Mateo. We got to sit with all of Samantha's friends & coworkers. We had fun & enjoyed taking selfies with the InstaPix polaroids :)

Reception setup

Their adorable wedding cake

My seat :)

Kevin & Samantha cutting the cake

1,000 golden cranes

On April 11th, I drove Elaine down to Debby's new home in Monterey for a spring get together/lunch. Meridith & Devin shortly after we did & we all had lunch together made by Debby's husband Rob & niece Monica. Food included breakfast casserole, 2 salads, hash browns & Danish puff. Debby ended up giving me a vintage Sharkie toy since it didn't have a home anymore so I was more than happy to have him in our home. Libby was quite curious about him :)

Libby checking out Sharkie

Have you attended any weddings this season? How about any spring celebrations? :)

22 comments:

  1. Those nachos look AWESOME! Love that the SHarks have a night for their fans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great and busy week. I love how cute that wedding cake turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great times. Your friend looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you all had a great time at the Fan Appreciation and that also looks like a great wedding. I haven't been to a wedding in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the wedding cake! The topper is adorable! Looks like you have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that's a huge bowl of food for a hockey game! Insabe lol. Looks like an amazing time, what a beautiful wedding that cake is awesome. I love the brides dress too, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That wedding cake is beautiful! I love the bunny cake toppers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you had fun at both occasions. I love the brides dress. She looked beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did have a fun week! I love the selfie at the Sharks game.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are always having so much fun. I need to move next to you! Amber N

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that nacho dish and that beautiful wedding but back to that nacho dish! It looks overly tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful bride! And I am loving the cake toppers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, what an adorable topper on that cake. I love that dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a love wedding cake. I love how unique and cute the topper is.

    ReplyDelete
  15. No I haven't gone to wedding or anything springy yet but the wedding you went to looks absolutely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pictures are always gorgeous and full of smile. The wedding picture is so precious

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you had an amazing weekend! Those nachos though, I can't stop staring! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats to your friend getting married. Some of the best friendships are formed in college, aren't they???

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow - what fun - sorry to hear that your Sharks lost to the Dallas Stars - but so loved seeing the photos and descriptions of that beautiful wedding - pretty amazing venue and planning! And, then going to Monterey - and we've not been to any weddings at all for a while now - Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like you had a great week already! The Wedding cake looks so adorable. It really looks like a very beautiful wedding event. Glad to know that you guys had a lovely and funfull time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lots of fun you are having. I love that wedding cake. You and your friend looked beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your pictures - and the wedding cake looks so pretty. If only your team had won!

    ReplyDelete