Friday, May 29, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend 2015

As you already know, I started off my Memorial Day weekend with the happiest 5K of all! Here's how the rest of my busy weekend went down :)

Vista point on Highway 9

After doing the Color Run, we picked up Sonya & headed home to clean up. We then proceeded to Sunnyvale where we partook in some awesome acai & pitaya bowls, yum!

Mahalo Bowl

Vinh heard that there would be some WWII planes over at Moffett Field so we decided to check it out. The B-17 & B-24 were available for us to board & experience. The lines were already pretty long so we only got to go aboard the B-24 aka the Liberator. It was still pretty cool to walk thought a piece of history & see what it was like for the serviceman.

B-24

How many targets did they hit?

These blades were scary

Betty Jane

That's a big gun!

Two of my most favorite people...& a gun :P

I think I can operate this gun ;)

Watch out for those bombs!

Hopping down to the bomb storage area

Pilot area

B-17

A little closer

Nine o Nine

American boy? :P

WWII planes with Hangar One in the background

Getting ready to take off!

Sonya & I went to get pedicures afterwards before dropping her off at her boyfriend's place. We then arrived at home to our furbabies :)

Kitty-rrito :P

On Sunday May 24th, Vinh & I attended Meridith & Devin's baby shower. It had a mermaid theme for their little girl, hehe. It was great to catch up with some of my classmates while enjoying the outdoors!

Red velvet sand castle cake!

Mermaid with a joint... LOL!

Who can put a diaper on a balloon the quickest? The moms, hah!

Our diapered balloons

Drinking beer out of baby bottles the quickest was the slowest process ever. I do believe everyone ended up cheating, haha!

Suck it, Vinh :P

Mermaid/underwater decor

Baby shower favor

We took the scenic way home & decided to stop at the vista point on Highway 9 where we took some of our wedding photos. I can't believe we haven't been by since 2012, how time flies!

Vista point *click for larger view*

Memorial Day itself was a relatively mellow day. Vinh went out to hang with some of his buds while my sister Lonnie hung out with me for a while. The furbabies were certainly loved this weekend :)

Vinh napping with Darla

Sleeping pups are the cutest!

How was your Memorial Day weekend? Did you BBQ or do something less conventional? :)

15 comments:

  1. Those old war planes are cool! What a fun weekend you guys had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you had a busy weekend! We went to Ski to Sea to see my son run over the weekend. Those planes look beautiful, I love the hanger too! I am glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super cool. My family would love to tour those planes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We didn't do much this weekend. Looks like you guys had a great time! Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like an awesome weekend. Seems like you kept busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a full, fun and busy weekend! I played thank baby bottle game yrs ago at my shower! - jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your weekend looked like so much fun! I'm loving that mermaid theme for the baby shower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had a really busy weekend and tons of fun. I loved that baby shower. Some cute ideas there. Your fur babies are adorable too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, how cool to get up close to those planes! And I love the baby shower's colourful theme ^_^

    { sparklesideup.com }

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those planes are amazing, what a fun experience! Looks like you had a great holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We didn't do anything conventional. I spent the day cleaning then to a friend's to brainstorm for business. Looks like a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wohoa, I am so jealous. I would have loved to get into that plane. Happy be lated Memorial Day

    ReplyDelete
  13. 'What a big weekend time of fun - and I am so impressed with those airplanes, especially the 'Witchcraft' one - We had a quiet weekend - both a bit under the weather - but usually we take our first major hike of the year (8 hours most up hill) - hoping to next weekend! Thank you for asking :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. My youngest would have loved this event. He loves anything past and present that is Army/Military related. I would have loved this trip as well, love learning history with hands on fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you had a busy and fun filled Memorial Day weekend. We were super busy ourselves.The sand castle cake is super creative.

    ReplyDelete