Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Color Run San Jose 2015

I hope everyone had a good Memorial Day weekend! How did I start mine? With the Color Run in San Jose early Saturday morning :)

All clean & ready to get some color!

We got to the SAP Center to park & be early to meet up with Vinh's cousin Conic & uncle Minh. I couldn't find my friend Jennifer, but that was okay. While waiting for Vinh's family to arrive, we decided to walk around & take in some photo ops before the race began.

Glitter does indeed make you fab ;)

Myself, Vinh, Conic & Minh

We made our way to the start line & we were wave #7! Lucky 7, right? :)

Start line

One of the highlights of the run was that it went right past my workplace so I had to take a pit stop to take a photo in front of work. Jumping pictures, yay! :)

On Lok Lifeways, baby!

Orange glow

Follow the yellow brick road, er powder? :P

After the yellow zone, there was an inflatable "happy wall" where you could write what makes you happy on a post-it & stick it on. I wrote "OT makes me happy" (occupational therapy, not overtime).

Happy wall

Stick it up towards the top

After the pink zone

A new zone in this year's Color Run is the silver glitter! They call it the Shine tour for a reason ;)

Silver glitter zone

Rainbow finish!

Good job team :)

Gotta love the colorful finish

Finish line in sight!

I love the color after party! Every 10ish minutes, the crowd gets to open their color packet & toss it up all at once to create an awesome color cloud of happy :)

Let the color out!

Post run selfie :)

Our traditional post-race pose :P

I cheated on Vinh with the Runicorn ;)

I ended up finding my friend Jennifer at the after party! Oh so fun for her first 5K ever!

Jen & myself :)

Toss the blue everywhere!

Oh the joy of color everywhere :P

Our medals weren't so shiny after, haha!

We got home & gave our white kitty a hug & then she turned blue, haha! She wasn't too thrilled about changing her fur color :P

Libby's turning into a smurf!

I'm still awaiting the official run photos to emerge. The rest of my Memorial Day weekend will be in the next post. The Color Run just needs its own post :)

Have you ever done the Color Run? Would you ever do it or another similar run? :)

18 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day! What a fun way to race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I've always wanted to do one of those color runs. I think it would be such a fun way to do a run! - jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I read about how great it was in the paper. Love the pictures, looks like you enjoyed yourself as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glitter does make you fabulous. I hear these are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These color runs look like a blast. Maybe I will do one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did the Color Run last summer, and am signed up for another this July. I love that they added silver!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Color Run looks like so much fun. If I were to do a race, it would be that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome way to run! It seems like everyone is in such high spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always wanted to participate in a color run. They look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have seen this before, looks like a fun run! Definitely messy but looks worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the mess, the cute signs, the happy wall and the unicorns! This looks like such a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome! I want to try this, but I haven't been running enough recently :-( I signed up for it 2 years ago but wasn't able to go. Must check if there is one where I am living now!

    { sparklesideup.com }

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've done the Color Run in my town too. It was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how fun! The hubby and I have been wanting to do a Color Run! I need to do some training first LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. You do look fabulous. Congrats on the run and I always love your pics: full of joy

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks like it would be an amazing run to do. The photos are fantastic. My daughter did a color run last year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like so much of fun. I really love to participate in the color run. Pictures are so beautiful and you look so fabulous, it looks like you had a great time out there.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw, poor kitty!! Haha! Nope, I have never done it and I have no desire to do a distance run. I enjoy jogging for exercise but anything longer than a "minimum" ... it's just not my thing! :)

    ReplyDelete