Thursday, June 4, 2015

Annie Turned 28!

This girl turned 28 on June 2nd! Where did I spend most of my birthday? At work, haha. First time spending my birthday at work, too :P

My birthday cake from my awesome coworkers!

I started off my day with texting into my favorite radio station, 99.7. Guess what? The morning hosts, Fernando & Greg, gave this girl a birthday shoutout! That was awesome! Then I treated myself to Starbucks before work. Sherwin (my coworker, a PT) gave me a chocolate bar as a little something for my birthday :)

Chocolate bar

Thank you Sherwin!

Sharon (my coworker, another PT) went with me to Whole Foods to get lunch. After I finished, she told me she forgot she had to get a few things for later & for me to go back to work first so I did. I was eating lunch at my desk when suddenly the rehab gym lights went off & on. In comes our rehab aides along with Sharon to surprise me with a pretty birthday cake for me! It was raspberry & pistachio filling with white cake & macarons on top! Oh so yummy :)

My pretty cake

Not bad for my first birthday at work, haha. After work, I decided to have Benihana happy hour as my dinner. Vinh & his cousin joined me & the bartenders ended up giving me two free margaritas on top of my drink. The bartenders kept saying "happy birthday," which was nice :)

Margarita & white peach sake sangria

Trio of fish tacos

Myself, Vinh & Conic

Another free margarita

I spent the rest of my evening cuddling with my furbabies :P

Nose kisses :P

That's my birthday in a nutshell. Nothing too crazy this year & I'm okay with that, haha. How do y'all celebrate your birthday? :)

20 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fantastic day. That cake looks delish and so do the tacos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! Glad to hear you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like you had a delicious birthday! Salted chocolate is my favourite, nice gift!

    { sparklesideup.com }

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that sounded like a marvelous birthday. Isn't it nice when your co workers get you little gifts and a cake--it makes you feel like they really care! I will be 65 in September and I will spend the day with my cat trying to forget--don't worry-by the next day I am all over it and feel like I'm in my 40's again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake is really pretty. That was so thoughtful of your coworkers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday. That cake looks amazing. Hope you enjoyed it and your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday! Looks like it was a great day. Amber N

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, Happy Belated Birthday! Looks like you had a lovely day even at work!! - jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday. I'm glad that you enjoyed your day even if you did have to spend some of it working.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy happy Birthday!!!!! <3
    I've never seen a macaroon cake before! That is a must try and looked delicious! Even if you had to spend your bday at work at least you have wonderful coworkers to spend it with! :)
    I definitely need that margarita nowwww! Misss you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! You may be 28, but I swear you still look like a teenager! That bday cake looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday! Your birthday cake is super cute looking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday! Sounds like you had a great day. That cake is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a great day. My birthday is coming up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday to you!!! My birthday is next week, but I will be much older than 28. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. We share a birthday! Except I'm just a little older than you ;) It looks like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy belated birthday. This cake looks amazing and I would like to have a piece of it lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww! happy birthday to you! Live it up! You always do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday! You have great coworkers and it looks like you had a lovely day. The cake, tacos and drinks all look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like you had a fabulous day. These foods looks very delicious and the cake is so pretty and yummy. My belated birthday wishes to you. Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete