Monday, June 15, 2015

Bubble Run 2015

This past Saturday the 13th, Vinh & I participated in our first ever Bubble Run! What is a Bubble Run you ask? It's basically like the Color Run except you run through colored bubble/foam stations instead. It was perfect since it's been pretty hot here in San Jose :)

All squeaky clean pre-5K

We arrived to get parking early, but ended up waiting like 45 minutes to get into the parking lot. Talk about poor planning, ughhh... Luckily, we got to the fairgrounds about 15 minutes before the start of the 5K. We were probably like wave 20 or something. I did like that this 5K had waves going ever 2 minutes instead of every 5-10 minutes like other 5Ks. The starting line was basically sending us into a white bubble foam frenzy & off onto the course!

Fairgrounds sign

Time to line up

Starting line

Post starting line

White foam shoes

There were four color foam stations: pink, green, blue & yellow. I wished green would stain better, but we got yellow & blue to make green ;)

Pink station

Pink foam!

Pink foam shoes

We passed by a dirt bike area so we got to watch some dirt bikers get some serious air!

Dirt biker

Green station

Green foam shoes

Not very green foam

Blue station

Blue foam shoes

Yellow station

Yellow fun

Whee!

Yellow foam shoes

Tadah!

We finished!

Throw up the peace sign ;)

We ended up at the after party for a bit as well as getting a free full-sized Monster drink before heading out!


Monster models?

Totally marketing for them, JK!

Overall, this was a fun 5K! However, I'm not sure if I'd do it again since the parking situation was horrendous & the course barely had any shade. It was like 80+ degrees on Saturday & that wasn't too fun. This was a very family friendly 5K so I'd definitely recommend families doing it together :)

18 comments:

  1. That sounds like such a fun race! Glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen color runs before but never heard of bubble runs. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks fun. I've never been in a marathon or 'run' but it's always fun to see how the ones organizing the event get creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have done the color run. This fall I am doing the sparkle run. They throw sparkle color on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely need some shade if it's going to be that hot! I've done a Color Run, and this looks REALLY fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is like the color run right? Looked like fun and a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like so much fun! I've heard of Color Runs but never Bubble Runs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such an original run! You always have the best activities

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet the kids did have a ton of fun with those different colored bubbles. I know I would have too. Too bad about the parking and the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the idea of the Bubble Run more than the Color or Mud Run. Granted, I did the Mud Run. I'll have to check out the Bubble Run.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that looks so fun! Much better than a mud run any day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to admit I am just a little bit jealous. This looks like such a fun and colorful event. Right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is awesome! I love the theme, my kids would really get a kick out of this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like so much fun! I would love to do a run but a bubble run? That would be so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks like so much fun. I have heard of a color run before but never a bubble run. I will have to see if there is one coming soon in my area.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the bubble run! I love bubbles so that would be so much fun for me

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a fun race. The pictures you have shared are pretty as well. I have never participated in marathon or any other running races so far. This is the first time I have heard about the Bubble run. I love this idea and I am sure kids would definitely enjoy this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've heard about these bubble runs and they look like so much fun. It's a great way to stay active too.

    ReplyDelete