Thursday, June 25, 2015

First San Jose Sabercats Game

A later post, but after doing the Bubble Run, Vinh & I took his cousin Conic & uncle Minh to the San Jose Sabercats game! This was our very first indoor arena football game & it was all thanks to the OCC for giving us free vouchers to attend :)

First Sabercats game!

We first stopped by Mission Creek Brewery for a pint before heading to the game. I always love just drinking a beer & looking out towards downtown San Jose...

Just here for a pint

His & her pint

We redeemed the voucher from OCC & got 4 free lower bowl tickets to the Sabercats vs Kiss game. We didn't realized that they would induct someone into the Hall of Fame that night so we got a free pin of the retiring jersey number 14 for Omarr Smith!

4 free tickets!

*click for larger view*

Freebies at the game

We were kicking butt in this game the first half, then somehow LA caught up & tied it 42-42 forcing an overtime. Ultimately, LA won & broke our undefeated status *sigh* Guess we can't beat LA all the time, haha! It was still really cool sitting in like the third row from the game :)

Indoor football

What an entrance team!

Do you spot the football for the field goal?

Team heading out for halftime

Retiring jersey #14

Going into overtime

Have you ever watched arena football? Did you know such a thing existed?! :)

24 comments:

  1. Wow, what an experience! I bet it was just a blast! I haven't ever done anything like that before, or gone to a game for that matter so that would be so fun! - Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Games are so fun & it gets addicting, too :P

      Delete
  2. You guys had awesome seats, huh? What a cool experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, all thanks to the Operation Care & Comfort!

      Delete
  3. It looks like you had fun. I love to go to indoor arena football games. My dad and I go to a couple games each season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun! I wasn't used to all the cow bells though, so loud!

      Delete
  4. You scored!!! I bet Conic & uncle Minh had a wonderful time with you and your hubby. Maybe next time your team will win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it was the only game they have lost this season, hah! Just our luck :P

      Delete
  5. Wow you guys had a great view! I would have been so pumped to be that close to the action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed & all for free, too! We were fortunate :)

      Delete
  6. It must have been too fun watching the game. I haven't been to a game before. I would love to experience this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there's a game near you, I'd definitely suggest doing it once! At least you can say you tried :)

      Delete
  7. I can see that you are truly into your hockey games. I'm so not a fan and don't even watch them on TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was arena football, but hockey is definitely more my thing!

      Delete
  8. I've never been to an arena football game before. I'm not much of a sports fan but wouldn't mind watching a game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't a sports fan, but wanted to experience one game. Then it turned into multiple sports, haha!

      Delete
  9. I've never been to an indoor football game. I bet it's a lot cooler in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely better in terms of not burning out in the sun, haha!

      Delete
  10. You sure do get out and about! Looks like a great game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do like to keep ourselves busy with new experiences! Gotta root for the home team :)

      Delete
  11. It looks like you had a blast! I bet the energy in the arena was intense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely was intense with so many cowbells ringing, haha!

      Delete
  12. Sports events like this one are always so much fun. I'm sure the cheering was so loud and exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sports events are always so fun, especially with rowdy crowds, haha! Definitely gets the adrenaline pumping :)

      Delete