Monday, June 29, 2015

SF Pride 2015

If you haven't heard yet, gay marriage is legal in all 50 states now! In my previous post, I said that I was bummed to be missing Pride weekend in SF. Well, I fixed that as I attended for a few hours on Saturday June 27th :)

Pride looks good on us


Pride really is popping on Sunday when the parade occurs. However, it starts the day before & I figured I can attend the small scale version & partake in this awesome Pride weekend. I doubt anything is more San Francisco than Pride weekend, especially after the Supreme Court decision!

Metallic rainbow angel thing?

You find people from all walks of life: people dressed up in extravagant outfits, in weird outfits, in their birthday suit (yes, this is perfectly normal during Pride), half dressed, etc. One common thing is that everyone is enjoying their time celebrating love. Love wins, baby!

Pence & Curry, yee!

Smirnoff men on stilts

I've ran into those free hugs people & gave them hugs in return. We've danced along the performers on the Grand Stage. We've also gotten free swag, most of them being condoms, hah! My most interesting piece of swag? Vibrating ring. I won't get into more details than that, haha. Same sex, y'all!

Grand stage in front of SF City Hall

AsiaSF ladies performing

This was definitely better this time around than my first time attending...minus seeing the Backstreet Boys! Nothing beats watching my favorite band front row for free at one of the most fun events of the year!

Would you ever attend a Pride event? Anyways, happy Pride everyone :)

28 comments:

  1. Yay for equality! Glad you got to go to the pride celebration for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun even though it wasn't the main day! Equality for the win! :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had fun. You always do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys look like you had fun. I think I would be interested in attending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's definitely a thing to check off your bucket list ;)

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had a great time at the event! Glad you got to attend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure did, thanks! :)

      Delete
  5. Looks like you had fun at your party. Glad to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely like a party for Pride weekend :P

      Delete
  6. How fun! We have a huge pride parade here in Toronto .I've never been but would love to one day! - Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pride parades/weekends are so much fun! Definitely gotta attend once in your life :)

      Delete
  7. I usually do not attend parades of any sort, unless of course, it is a Disney Parade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disney parades are the best! :D

      Delete
  8. It looks like you had a great time. Glad you were able to attend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a great time for all! Love wins :)

      Delete
  9. What an awesome celebration of love! It's so cool that you were able to make it out and have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy I got to go for a little bit! Especially after the SCOTUS ruling :)

      Delete
  10. Pride was really popping here in New York City as well. It's a great way to celebrate being proud and being different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see pride in NYC, that'd be awesome! :)

      Delete
  11. Looks like it was a great day. I bet that was cool to be a part of. Amber N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely cool to be apart of it all :)

      Delete
  12. I have always wanted to go to a Pride celebration. I am so happy that everyone has the right to get married now. It has been legal in Canada for years now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Canada is so ahead of the game on so many aspects! You should definitely attend Pride once :)

      Delete
  13. Looks like you guys had a great time with so much of fun. I do like to attend such pride celebrations. Glad to know that you had a chance to attend this one. Love the wonderful pictures as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Pride is always so much fun & everyone's so accepting :)

      Delete
  14. Boston had a great pride parade too, but this one looks even more amazing than the Boston one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see Boston's Pride! I love to see the different celebrations across the USA.

      Delete