Friday, June 19, 2015

Warriors: NBA Champs

Just a few days late, but heck, the Bay Area is celebrating again because the Golden State Warriors are the NBA champs after 40 years! It is an appropriate post since the celebratory parade is being held today in Oakland showing off our champs to all those who love the Dub Nation :)

Reppin' MVP Curry's number!

I do have to admit, you could call me a bandwagon fan since I only started watching our Warriors in the playoffs. But honestly, how can you not watch the excitement of it all, especially when your home team is kicking ass?! Bandwagon fans can turn into true fans & this may be the beginning of another sport I have to watch as well.

Darla fell asleep during the finals!

My boss Annie Z. bakes us Warriors cake & whenever she does, we win. So guess who baked a cake on game 6 day? We win!

Warriors cake

Warriors gave the Cavs a good last game & the Cavs fought to the end! We won 105-97 in the end, woot! It was an exciting game all the way to the very end. I was super happy that Andrea Iguodala got the finals MVP award as well. He definitely turned the Warriors game around when he started!

Reppin' Dub Nation

Second quarter lead

Warriors win, baby!

Who did you root for, the Warriors or the Cavs? Would you go to the parade if your team won? :)

24 comments:

  1. We are not basketball fans in our house at all, but glad you guys are able to celebrate the win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta celebrate your local team, right? We're not the biggest basketball fans either, haha!

      Delete
  2. I love your enthusiasm! Keep baking those cakes and winning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I can't bake at all, my boss did. But I'd love to have my teams keep winning :P

      Delete
  3. I wish we followed basketball I used to have huge love for it way back! You sure have some great spirit and i love how much you guys go all out! - Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved watching basketball when Jordan was in his prime!

      Delete
  4. My husband is a basketball fan but I don't know much about it. That cake looks good though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cake was definitely good, haha!

      Delete
  5. That cake looks awesome. I want a slice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely was! My boss likes to bake & make us gain weight :P

      Delete
  6. Love your sports enthusiasm! Looks like you have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta have fun in life, right? Even better when the home team wins it all :P

      Delete
  7. Basketball is banned from this house, but my hubby actually started watching the game the other day and I let it slide lol. Glad you are enjoying your new found love of the sport.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I hope your hubby appreciated you letting it slide this time around ;)

      Delete
  8. My daughter loves basketball we watched several games and the Warriors won! It was awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warriors for the win! I was bummed I didn't get to go to the parade :P

      Delete
  9. I love your tank! My son is into Basketball and he was rooting for them too! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this local clothing shop in the Bay Area that reps all our local teams. Adapt Clothing rocks!

      Delete
  10. I love parades. They are so much fun. We are a hockey family. We love the Ottawa Senators.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are a hockey family as well, but we root for the San Jose Sharks :P

      Delete
  11. I'm going to be honest and say that I'm not a fan of basketball and had no idea who won. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honesty is the best policy, haha! Warriors won ;)

      Delete
  12. I have not heard of this team before. My husband probably has, he enjoys basketball!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's our home team & we couldn't be more proud :)

      Delete