Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Busy Weekend

Happy Wednesday! Better late than never to post about my weekend, right?! It included a thunderstorm, gorgeous Carmel views, a wedding & pet time :)

Ready for a wedding!

On Thursday night, the Bay Area had some wacky weather. For about 20 minutes, there was multiple lightning & thunder claps with rain. Very strange for August to say the least. The furbabies did not like this weather at all. However, I thought it was pretty cool since this rarely happens in our area so it was a treat :)

Like my shot? :D

A video posted by Annie Mai (@swtiine) on

On Saturday, Vinh & I headed to Monterey to hang out with Debby & Rob for lunch prior to attending my cousin Wallace's wedding in Carmel. We took a nice stroll near the wharf in Monterey :)

Libby giving mom some lovin' :)

Walking along the wharf

I misread my dad's post it note & missed the actual wedding ceremony, whoops! At least I was early to the cocktail hour & reception, haha. Vinh & I sat at a table with my two cousins & their significant others. I'd say we had a fun table for the night. We even had a selfie stick at each table to take photos with, haha!

Tomato bisque

The drinks kept flowin' all night

Loved the lighting

Halibut

Horribly blurry group selfie shot

Blurry but cute couple selfie shot

One last selfie before heading home!

On Sunday, we played catch up with household chores & spending time with the furbabies :)

Napping pup

How was your weekend? Did you attend any weddings this summer? :)

19 comments:

  1. We've been getting lots of t-storms here, too. It;s that time of year, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a busy weekend! Too bad you missed the actual ceremony, but glad you made it to the reception.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good thunderstorm! I think you made it for the best party.. the reception!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like such a beautiful venue for the wedding. I love the centerpieces too, they were lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y'all looked so great all dressed up! And what sweet furbabies you have! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow love the lightening shot. That's amazing. You guys looked wonderful. Sounds like a lovely and busy weekend. - Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wedding weekends are always so much fun. I love this! Amber N

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds busy but fun. That's too bad about the ceremony but at least you made the reception!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a nice weekend. I LOVE the photo of you and the kitty - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that lightning shot. I can never capture the bolts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Busy weekend indeed girl! tons of fun though. We have a lot of storms all summer long but I never venture out for a photo. Love yours

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have not been to any weddings this year. It is always so much fun to go. I love the photo of the lightning. I always try to take pictures in storms.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a fun wedding. I love the selfie stick shots.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have not attended a wedding in a long time. The one you went to looks like it was gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds like you had a fun weekend! You got a crazy good picture of that lightening!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad you had a good time. The blurry but cute selfie really is cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sometimes it always feels so good when you had a busy weekend that passed away like a lightning. The pictures you have shared here are beautiful, particularly the lightening shot is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks like you had a really fun filled weekend. The wedding and the food looks amazing and I am sure you had a wonderful time, but I think my favorite part of that weekend would have to be the time spent with fur babies!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow I love how at each table there was a selfie stick how cool. It looks like you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete