Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Disneyland 5K 2015

How did I start my Labor Day weekend? A vacation to Disneyland, of course! More on that later though. The main reason for our trip to Disneyland? To participate in our first ever runDisney event: the Disneyland 5K! :)

Picture perfect castle photo

The Disneyland 5K started at 5:30AM in Downtown Disney. Boy, it was rough waking up in the morning for this. Of course, excitement soon took over as we headed to the starting line & saw all things Disney! Disneyland sure does pomp up everything :)

5K logo on the big screen in Downtown Disney

Vinh wasn't too thrilled to be awake, haha

The starting line was a huge screen in the middle of a castle! Not to mention, Mickey & Minnie were there to cheer us all on! Too bad it was so congested at the beginning that it was hard to run down the street. It started to scatter once we turned towards California Adventure.

Castle starting line

Mickey & Minnie cheering us on!

We first arrived into Cars Land & then headed towards Paradise Pier before going to the Grizzly ride. Then we looped out to the plaza between the parks before running into Disneyland, down Main Street & towards Sleeping Beauty Castle. Oh so magical! Then we headed towards New Orleans Square, Frontierland & through the cast members only area before finishing up in Downtown Disney :)

Hello Cars land!

First selfie of the 5K

We ran into my favorite car, Mater!

Paradise Pier

Chip n' Dale

Blinged out Carthay Circle

Walt, Mickey & a castle

Gorgeous castle all decked out for it's 60th anniversary

Jumping picture is a must!

I spy Maleficent trying to sabotage the 5K!

We're waiting for Sandy Claws ;)

Driving one of the fire department cars in the cast members only area ;)

We finished around 75 minutes later (including all the times waiting in line for photos), which wasn't bad at all. Luckily, the 5K wasn't timed, haha! We finished with boxes of treats & drinks for all! The medal is beyond cute as well :)

Finish line!

Festival area

We headed back to mile 3 for a photo

Pin, personalized bib & medal

I ended up buying some runDisney shoes from New Balance as well. I got Tinkerbell & Donald shoes. Totally cute :)

runDisney shoebox

Tinkerbell shoes

Tinkerbell shoes

Donald shoes

Donald shoes

Would you ever participate in a runDisney 5K, 10K, or half marathon? Have you ever been to a Disney park?

20 comments:

  1. How fun! It looks like you had a great time! I love your jumping picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun time. Where better to race than Disneyland?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome. If I am going to run, it would be there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sneakers are adorable! I'm not a runner but if I was going to start, I can't think of a more fun place than Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's awesome that you were able to stop and take in the sights along the way. This sounds like the best 5k!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a great time. How great that you were able to race at Disneyland. Catherine S

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard so many people talk about how much fun this is. It really looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a blast. That is one 5k I'd be willing to do! Amber N

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new shoes A! Those are adorable! You got fantastic pics along your 5k route! That would be a super fun thing to be a part of!! :) <3 disney

    ReplyDelete
  10. So nice to see couples like you having the time of their lives and enjoying going to different places at the same time keeping fit. Love your pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never been to Disney and I don't think I will ever go but you always look like you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How awesome. I've never been to Disneyland but what a place to run. Those shoes are awesome I love that! - Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never been to Disney Land but I've been to Disney World. The run sounds like something I won't do though since I just hate running.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds like fun. I love your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hopscotchnjb9:59 AM

    That is so cool.it really looks like a great time! i like your new shoes and really cute couples

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Disney! That would be fun to do a run there. We are going to Disney World in 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are some amazing pictures of Disneyland. I can't wait to visit with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks like a very fun event! I have been to Disney World many times but not Disney World.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love those Tinkerbell sneaker. I am training for a 5K and I wish I could have been to the Disneyland one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks like a fun event where you must have had a great experience altogther. We love Disneyland so much & I am just in love with those amazing & exciting pictures. That Donald shoes looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete