Tuesday, September 8, 2015

SF Giant Race 2015

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend! I'll tell you all about it in the following posts. I gotta play catch up & post about my Giant Race that I did on August 23rd :)

Post race photo with the gorgeous field in the background

We did our packet pickup on Friday the 21st while I was still battling a 100F fever, yuck! It was fairly quick & painless, just like last year.

SJ, SF & Scottsdale mascots :)

The Giant Race 5K portion started around 10AM so we got there early enough to get parking. We ended up sneaking into an earlier corral since I didn't want to wait 10 minutes inbetween corrals to start. Gotta love seeing all the black & orange on the course to rep our World Series champs!

Bright & fresh, ready to go!

Selfie time

Close up, haha

Start line, corral #2

I had just finished beating my fever the day before so I was only able to jog the first mile. I had to speed walk the rest since I didn't want to push myself & face any horrible consequences. It was a gorgeous day out though :)

Bay Bridge in the background

We finished under an hour which isn't back considering I had to do more walking than running. Especially good with me just getting over a cold :P

Finished under an hour with our awesome medals!

Gotta have a photo with the champs banner

Proyo yogurt to restore our energy!

Free beer!

Run & party like a champ ;)

Does your baseball team have a race/run? Would you participate if there was one? :)

17 comments:

  1. Whether you speed walk or run you did a great job. Congrats on doing the race at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys always have so much fun! Sounds like an awesome race.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew that they did such things, what a cool sounding race - you do so many fun things. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the run guys! It sounds like they made it a really fun event. I'm glad you were able to power through even while getting over a cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My team doesn't have a race. We do have a pizza price reduction when they are in the lead by 5 points

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job on the run. Glad you fever broke just in time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like it was a wonderful event. You were brave to take part in a race like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job! I consider a finish, a success!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job on finishing in under an hour! I bet you had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am always so impressed with how much fun you have as a couple and how supportive you are of each other. This looks like you had a great time and you were out supporting your team. Go Cubs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats for finishing the race. You guys looked like you had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. That was a really fun event! You and your hubby looked like you enjoyed the fun run and the frozen yogurt too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like it was a really fun event. You guys do all sorts of cool things. I get to live through you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun! Looks like a great time I've always wanted to do something like this myself! - Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats for finishing the race, it looks that you have a great experience and i think it was really fun, if i have the chance i want to try this kind of race.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such an accomplishment. You must be so proud of yourselves. I have always wanted to train for a run.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great race. Sorry you could only run a mile but glad you did not push and over do it!

    ReplyDelete